Foreign Language Model Rocketry Books

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcorinth

Reaction score
I'm trying to find books on rocketry in other languages - specifically, French and/or German. I searched amazon.fr and amazon.de to see if I could maybe find translations of The Handbook of Model Rocketry, but only found it in English, if anything.

Rocketeers abroad (writing from the U.S.) must have books and resources in their native languages. Does anybody know of any non-English rocketry manuals? I'm specifically seeking French and German, but I'm curious about others as well. What do the French and Japanese rocketry challenge kids use as a primer, for example?

Bit of background, my wife is German, and so my infant son will most likely grow up to be bilingual. I also used to be really fluent in French. I'm a bit rusty these days, but I'd like to brush up (it cost me enough to learn, that's for sure...). But that was long before I took up rocketry. Now I have a whole specialized vocabulary in English that I don't know at all in French, and I'm really curious about it.

Anybody know where I might look? Either books written overseas or translations of the Handbook?

Thanks.

Friend gave me "Modeli Raket" (1979) by Comrade Ivan V. Rotov. Picked it up on one of his trips to eastern Europe/Rus

20181125_231038.jpg
My eye immediately caught "WAC Corporal" in English characters lol
20181125_231105.jpg
Interesting cluster discourse
20181125_231117.jpg 20181125_231124.jpg
And my Russian is nonexistent, but apparently the key to good Soviet drafting technique is to be completely naked.
20181125_231143.jpg

Back