Foosefest VI, October 10, 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosko_racer

Reaction score
Beautiful weekend with plenty of sunshine, soft winds, great temperature, a recently harvested hay field... What to do?... hhmmm, well what about another Foosefest! :D

Yes, a great weekend that was. The Zicafoose family where the host of another Foosefest, # VI. We did #V earlier this year but we never posted pictures. :y:

Scott, Jim, Kevin, Troy and son, Craig, Raul, and the rest of the Zicafoose clan were there. We flew rockets, RC gliders, and made lots of noice... Jeff, you missed one great day to hang with the guys!!! Sorry you moved so far... :(

Two highlights of the day: Kevin had converted an Estes 1:15th scale Space Ship One to glide. If you want to see the videos head to the TRF's Rocket Boosted Gliders section and watch. Jim had a beautifull two-staged Saturn 1B that he flew with not so happy results. I will let him fill in the blanks. I have some video of it that will post if I get a GO from him.

Guys, post the pictures if you have them. I have pictures and a few videos to post so go ahead.

To the Zicafoose Family: Thanks again for being the great hosts that you are and always been.

V/R,

- Raul

EDIT: Not Jeff... I meant Jerry Little, Bravo52...

Last edited:
Who is Jeff ? :pop:

The Sat 1B flight was a mimic of my NARAM-50 flight. I took my boilerplate model, gutted it, and rebuilt it completely as a sport model. The set up is four C6-3's and four A10-PT's in the first stage. Perfect-flite mini timer igniting the second stage with a single C6-3. At lift off one of the C's and one of the A's failed to ignite. This caused a slow liftoff up the rod and combined with the leads being pulled up the rod, when it cleared the rod it went horizontal and proceeded to tuck itself tower first into the soft farm ground. Fortunately the timer did not achieve a full 1 second vertical liftoff to activate the timer. The tower was destroyed and the paper shroud from the CM to the SIVB was destroyed. Other then that didn't even lose a fin? Just need to get with Carl at Semroc to see if I can get a replacement shroud. I am also toying with the idea of stepping up to eight C6-3's to increase break away speed.

Raul if you have the video of it please post it for me.

Thanks to Craig and family what a great day!

BTW I flew 10 or 12 other models that day that flew real nice including a 3" upscale MACH-10 that flew on a D12 then an E9. The model has a hinged stabilizer that is held down during boost then released at ejection to glide position. Both flights were very nice. I also flew a full up cloned OMEGA with a cloned Cineroc shell on top. I mounted a "gumcam" and cannibalized an Astrocam mirror with pretty good results. If I get a chance to finish the edits, I'll post a link to the video.

:cheers:

Jim

While waiting for Comcast to hook me up with Triple Play worked on this video. I thought I had more footage but had the camera on Pause instead of record... but here is the link to the video in YouTube.

Here are pictures of some of the rockets flown that day...

- Raul's Estes Photon Disruptor : First flight I forgot to tie the parachute and it went straight down... it cored, but with very little damage. I did launch it again with much better results.

- Kevin's Estes "Argosy" (?)

- Jim's kitbash from an Estes Renegade D

- Troy's Clone Pershing missile

- Kevin's Estes Space Ship One converted for RC controled glide

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

Other rockets flown...

- Raul's kitbash based on Estes Renegade D kit, the SRFB-77A Saber Tooth. Flies well on C11-3 and D12-5s! This one was last year's entry ot the NARHAMS kitbash contest.

- Jim's Upscale Orion, another great flier

- Troy's and Raul's Estes Interceptors. His flew great but mine went horizontal and it crashed. The ground was soft so all I had to do was to dig it out of the dirt...

- Raul's Semroc Nighthawk. Great glider!

- Raul's partsbash entry for this year's NARHAMS contest. Does great on C11-3s and D12-5s! Now, if I get to paint it...

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Great pictures Raul!!! Thanks Craig and family, and thanks Kevin for driving!:D

Raul did you have still shot of the Omega ? . This flight was made using a clone of the Omega and a clone of the Cineroc shell. It has a gum-cam mounted along the inside wall with a hacked Astrocam hood/mirror. This flight was made with a D12-0 staging to a C6-5.

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMCsbZNRDGI

What I have is a still shot of the rocket from FooseFest V... do not know if the nose is the same...

IMG_1330.jpg

Back