FlisKits Rhino!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seo

Reaction score
Hi-

I'm a new rocketeer. Not a BAR as I didn't do this as a kid, but I wanted to! Not sure why I didn't?!?

Anyway, I just finsihed building a FlisKits Rhino. Mine was production #28. (Nice touch btw) Very nice kit, went together well. Excellent suuport from Jim at FlisKits. I have attached a pic of the completed rocket.

I built it per the instructions, used sanding sealer on the balsa parts (nose cone and fins), panted with ModelMaster enamel paints. Primed with gray and finished with turquoise.

Hope to get a chance to fly it this weekend. I'll post a report when I do.:D

Nice rocket :). They fly great :). I wanna fly one on a D24 :D Welcome to TRF btw ;). You will find a friendly crowd here.

Welcome!!!....TRF is the best resource for your rocketry needs!!!

All questions get answered...it is extremely helpful

hey Doug...I would like to fly a D24 but I dont have any...do you?....maybe you could, you know, give me some :D :D :D :D

okay!

glad too...where do you want it...the head or the chest

I will wait until you get some Ms

hi guy!

Welcome to TRF!

Great pic of the Rhino! If you don't mind, I would love to use it on our site at fliskits.com

would love to see some launch pix too!

jim

Jim-

You are welcome to use the picture on your site. Actually, I think I e-mailed you a higher resolution copy of the same picture a week or so ago.

Currently working on the Praetor. Should be done soon as well.

Scott:cool:

Originally posted by seo
Hope to get a chance to fly it this weekend. I'll post a report when I do.:D

Don't forget to do a full review on EMRR since this one is not on there yet.....

Thanks, in advance....

Nick

Thank you Nick, I was JUST going to say the same thing! :)

Also hoping someone reviews the Grissom, our parts and whatever other kits need a review!

Originally posted by jflis
........and whatever other kits need a review!

A review of The Flea is on its way. I can't enter my flight logs until one is written.

For the same reason, I'm doing one for my Drake - but thats still being painted.

Originally posted by cydermaster
A review of The Flea is on its way. I can't enter my flight logs until one is written.

For the same reason, I'm doing one for my Drake - but thats still being painted.

You can enter the Flight Logs under "PERSONAL" from the Flight Logs page. I then move them as reviews are written.... but I like your attitude... Write Review then Flight Logs.....

Nick

Originally posted by EMRR
Don't forget to do a full review on EMRR since this one is not on there yet.....

Thanks, in advance....

Nick

I will post a review on EMRR after the maiden flight. Just need to find the time to sneak out for a quick flight! ;) Also have created a Rsim file for it that I will post as well.

This was a great kit for the price. Love the look of the rocket.

Scott:cool:

I will have to get one! Good thing Jim is coming to the next launch.

Seo,
Nice Rhino looks great. Man, I need to get my son going on his. I'll be looking for some launch photos..............Larry

Oh welcome to TRF:D :D :D

Finally got a chance to fly my Rhino last evening. We had a neoighborhood bbq and we launched the Rhino at dusk. Sorry, no pictures :(, it was getting dark so I didn't attempt to photograph the launch.

First flight was on a B4-2, as recommended by Fliskits. Perfect flight, very straight, nice and slow, ejection just past apogee, recovered 20 feet or so from the pad.

Second flight was on a B4-4. Flight was perfect again, but the delay was definitely too long. Ejection way past apogee, but paracuter deployed for a soft landing. Due to the late ejection, the BT put a smiley into the nose cone, easily fixed with some putty and paint. Stick with the Fliskits recommended B4-2.

This rocket is begging for a C motor! Our neighborhood does not enough room to support a C, so that will have to wait until I can get down to the local field.

I highly recommned this for a first kit. It builds into a great looking and flying rocket.:D Thhe neighborhood kids thought that the "big blue rocket", was very cool.

Has anyone built one of these with a 24mm motor mount?.............

Seems like this rocket is begging for a C11 or D12...

For bulk pack purposes we have toyed around with the idea of including *one* 24mm motor mount for the instructor to show the class that end of rocketry.

You could also purchase a FlisKits EMK-24-60 (24mm into a BT60 engine mount kit) to do the conversion.

We don't want to *offer* it as a 24mm because that defeats the purpose of it being a Skill Level 1 bird

jim

Originally posted by jflis
You could also purchase a FlisKits EMK-24-60 (24mm into a BT60 engine mount kit) to do the conversion.

That was my exact thought. Plus then I would have an extra 18 mm motor mount for some other scratch rocket. Another project for my list......

Do you know of anyone that has flown a Rhino on a D? It appears as though it should be able to handle it ok. It sims out on Rocksim on a D12 at just over a 1000 feet.

Just to reiterate, this is a great kit!

Scott

I've built rockets of similar size and configuration with 24mm mounts and see no reason why this shouldn't work up to D power with only simple increasing of the filets on the fins for strength.

Should go like a rhino on a mission! LOL

And I read it the moment it came out! :)

Thank you for this!

Now to get the few remaining stragler kits that haven't been reviewed yet!

jim

Flew the Rhino on Saturday on a C6-3. Very straight nice flight. Looked to be 500-600 feet.

Rocket drifted into the neighbors cow pasture, landing right next to the bull. Cows didn't seem to mind, and the neighbor was nice enough to retrieve it for me.

This rocket flies really nice on the C6-3!

Scott

Seo,
Well two Rhino's flew on Saturday. My son's Rhino made its maiden flight on Saturday with a C6-5. Perfect straight flight.:D :D
Larry

love these pix (and thank you larry for emailing them to me too :) )

The Rhino is rapidly becoming a staple rocket in our large and growing fleet. If we were to count Educational Bulk Packs, she outsells even the Deuce's Wild! :D

Leave it to me to dig up older threads. I just ordered a Rhino along side a Pheord and a Long OverDue. I ordered it specifically b/c she's a big bird. Something about BT-60 rockets just plain look cool flying. Not to mention they are alot easier to see on the way up and typically you don't lose sight of them. Can't wait to get this one under construction!

Truly, Truly I say to you fellow TRF members, Jim Flis runs a class act!!!! So uhh.... no Overdue to go with the Long Overdue..... RATS!!! :D

Back