FlisKits delays - busy the month of October...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I figured I would post this in the Coffee House as this involves many non-FlisKits activities...

Some of you may have noticed delays in shipments from FlisKits this past month (not to mention the delays in finishing up the anniversary contests... :) )

Trying like heck to stay caught up but it's been a rough month (kinda caught me by surprise). It's all good, just time consuming... LOL

The good news is that I am all caught up, up to Avalear orders and the two anniversary contests and hope to have that all caught up by Monday...

What I've been doing, besides FlisKits, is back to teaching with the beginning of the new school year. It's incredibly exciting and I'm having a ball but man, you would NOT want to juggle this schedule LOL

This current session with the B&GC can be found here.

In addition to this I was invited to teach pumpkin carving over a two week period in Peabody, MA by our former B&GC director, Randy Weld. A photo album of this event can be found here. For only 4-5 total hours, from introduction to completed pumpkins, these kids did an INCREDIBLE job! I was stunned. Photo's of the completed pumpkins will go up later today (i hope...)

I also had the opportunity to teach rocketry with the Hudson, MA public Library with a very large (22) group of excited kids and their parents. We built them (Thing-a-ma-Jig) two weeks ago and will be flying them this weekend. The current photo album can be found here. I hope to have the remainder of the photos after the launch this weekend (weather permitting - it doesn't look good...)

In the middle of all of this we had our new kit announcement, the Avalear

And, let's not forget NEMROC... (photo's here)

Yep, been booked pretty much solid the whole month... Am looking forward to November where I have a long weekend and also only have to contend with the B&GC classes...

I will update this thread as I get more pictures posted.
jim

OK Jim just remember drink lots of coffee and don't sleep. Like the song says "I'll sleep when I'm dead".
Mr. Bob

Jim, don't kill yourself, man! If you did where would we get all our awesome Fliskits from? I'm sure it's important to you to run your business at the highest level of professionalism but leave some time for living too!

That said, as one of the 10 winners of the photo contest, I'm selfishly eager to pick my free kit. :-D

Keep up the great work,

Greg

Well, to a great extent this IS how I recreate... :)

And I've gotten past feeling guilty when I come home from class at 6pm and veg in front of the TV for an hour watching Star Gate... The frustration is that there is a lot of prep time for most of these classes... rocketry is the easiest as I am all set at the school for this, but not so much so for the other classes...

It does keep me hoping though LOL

Heck, take as much of a break as you need--I could always use another Overdue ;).

Well, we got the Hudson Library launch off without a hitch today. Great morning of flying in New England in October :)

I have uploaded all of the launch pix and you can find them here. (scroll down to the launch photo's)

The kids had a ball and the parents have been emailing me all afternoon :)

great fun.

Jim,
Cool, looks like a nice day for rockets. I really like those launch pads, who made those?

Those are classic Spad-Pads made by Bill Spadafora. These are the same ones used at NARAM and I love'em!

I'd sure like a couple of those(even one) or see how they are made. Looks simple and no crawling on the ground to hook up igniters clips( gets harder the older you get) really like those.

Larry

Back