Flew some today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Semroc:
Snipe Hunter
Micron
Astron

Fliskit:
D-Nelson Tomahawk

Squirell Works:
JX-1

My Scratch:
Absolute Zero with my key cam on it.

I can post pics of them on the pad,HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannt post vids,CUZ,they changed the ips thingy at work on this computer and I cannt get into my You-Tube account.
I dont remember my password and our email has change also since I joined YouTube.
BITCH!!!!!!!!!!
I did fill out some kind of "Cannt access your account?" Q-n-A thing.
Said they would get back at me in 3-5 DAYS.
I dont want to set up a new account using this work PC.
Im looking into getting my own laptop and changing ALL my on line crap over to the new one.
I even had to have Semroc email me my sign in info so they know who I am when I go there.
My Paypal,ebay,all that stuff was lost in the wind .Lucky for me I remembered my passwords and sign in info on those sites.(I havent used them tho since the change over on this computer.
I had to sign in here (TRF) all over again.

Just as well I get my own laptop and start all over again.(Email,Passwords,Ebay,PayPal,ect) Really shouldnt have the info I do out there on the work computer. To many ways someone could hack into it.
Anywhoo... had a so,so,day. Broke a few things..:y:
I just had company show up,Ill get the pics up later.

I knew I should have stopped by today, I was in the area!
No not really, but I was thinking I should launch a few rockets today.

My first Key-Cam vid. On my scratch AZ
I little twisted....
You can check out all my others vids today on the new you- tube. "rocketmanscott"

[YOUTUBE]hpYDuXEOuvo&context=C3312754ADOEgsToPDskKsZk2Y4NnUfScMtDIu3vd-[/YOUTUBE]

You

Heres some pics.
Snipe Hunter chute no open. Came in hard and broke off fin.
D-Nelson came in up-side down. No damage.Still a good flight.
The Astron..:eek: I seen where it came down in cut-corn field(I thought). I looked for 45 minutes before I found it about 40-50 yards CLOSER to the launch site than I thought.
I was looking into sun when it came down. That was some weird how far off I when I was looking for it.
I did brake a fin on the Abosolute Zero,however,it got,had been broken somehow?
when it was in the rocketroom and I did a quicky repair on it (CA) ;).
it broke at that joint.
Micron streamer worked,but that came in hard also.No damage.
The ground was like pavement ,frozen hard.
Anywhoo- Got them all back with minor damage.
Oh.---I flew the AZ on a C11-5
D-Nelson..C6-5
Snipe hunter A8-3
Micron A8-5
Astron B4-4
JX-1 B4-4

AZ Launch 2012.JPG

Astron launch 2012.JPG

D-Nelson launch 2012.JPG

D-Nelson recovery up-down.JPG

Snipe Hunter crash 2012.JPG

Nice pics and video!

Where did you acquire your keycam?

I recently got a new one to replace one lost for a while, eventually recovered, but not flightworthy. The replacement is nowhere near as good as the original...

Nice pics and video!

Where did you acquire your keycam?

I recently got a new one to replace one lost for a while, eventually recovered, but not flightworthy. The replacement is nowhere near as good as the original...
Thanks, I got the Key-Cam from BayouRat

I am fond of small "Alpha" style rockets, so I am partial to your Astron and Micron there. Hey, your Astron looks just like mine except on mine I lost half the wrap around decal when it sheared off on it's first flight. Of course it's mandatory to launch it on C6s and nothing weaker. I'll probably be getting a Semroc Micron sometime this year.:cool:

Douglas

Some nice rockets there. Good doggy. :)
Glad you had fun! Yesterdays SCRA launch was laid back fun as well.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Some nice rockets there. Good doggy. :)
Glad you had fun! Yesterdays SCRA launch was laid back fun as well.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Glad I finaly got out to launch some. I needed it.
With no launching ,plus the fact that trying to do any painting is a real bitch this time of year,it was getting so I was losing interest in building.
One cool thing,soon it will still be light enough to get some up after work.

Glad you found the Snipe Hunter. I experienced pretty much the same phenomena with (get this) my Centurion. Looked for an hour and found it walking back to the pad. I was in cut burger bushes—you'd have thought a Centurion would be big enough to easily see.

A bunch of good look'in rockets. I really need to go launch a few myself.

I knew I should have stopped by today, I was in the area!
No not really, but I was thinking I should launch a few rockets today.
Where was ya? Man, I got some big area to fly in buddy. Only thing,ya better have good rubber on the rig and 4x4 to get back up the hill out of the fields. They dont plow or sand it. It was ALL ice at the bottom. Good thing I drive a DODGE 4x4 with a Magnum power plant!!!!!!:eyeroll:

Nice video Scotty...hey is that snow on the ground?
Snow .....ahhhhhhhh....more like ice. I got some pics of other years launching at them fields with FEET of snow. Im thinking of packing up the gear and going to the fields on the way home from work. Perfect BIG AREA to fly, as long as the winds are down.Altho it is a big area,the fields border the Connecticut River and the winds come down thru the valley and can really get blowing up in the altitudes.Looks like a good day this Thursday to try it.Sunny and around 30* This weekend is going to be fricken COLD!!!!!

I fish the NH portion of the river, Bellows falls..and yup.. between the mountains it can get WINDYYYYYYY

Back