Estes Sandpiper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
I just started building the Sandpiper and finished it today. I will try to get around to sealing and priming next week.

sandpiper003.jpg

sandpiper009.jpg

Aha! The Japanese kit! :congrats:

I bailed on buying this a long time before you did, but I was really, really tempted.

Great vendor too. I have bought some really nice stuff from him recently.

Nice build. She looks sweet. Flight report please! :D

I was watching that auction too, although I never bid. It would be nice if someone cloned that NC, or have they already? Ever consider donating your NC to science?:D

Great looking bird Scigs, I have always thought those drone style rockets are really neat to look at and see fly.

On a side note (and not to hijack) a quick question. I noticed you said Japanese kit, I am figuring you mean it was purchased from the Japanese vendor off of eBay... If I am correct on this how has your experience been dealing with them? They always seem to have some great OOP kits available for auction and I have been tempted to try a get some from them but have just not done it yet... Their feedback has been good so I figured they would be good to deal with. Am also wondering about the shipping time it has taken to get kits from them...

Again, great looking build.

I was watching that auction too, although I never bid. It would be nice if someone cloned that NC, or have they already? Ever consider donating your NC to science?:D
The nose cone is identical to the PNC-50Y. Estes no longer makes these but you can buy balsa versions from BMS or Semroc. The fins would have to be added and they are the same size as and location as the 71005, the nose cone used in the Nemesis. I still see this cone a lot with the Estes NC-50 nose packs. It is the exact same as the Sandpiper nose except the canopy.

Great looking bird Scigs, I have always thought those drone style rockets are really neat to look at and see fly.

On a side note (and not to hijack) a quick question. I noticed you said Japanese kit, I am figuring you mean it was purchased from the Japanese vendor off of eBay... If I am correct on this how has your experience been dealing with them? They always seem to have some great OOP kits available for auction and I have been tempted to try a get some from them but have just not done it yet... Their feedback has been good so I figured they would be good to deal with. Am also wondering about the shipping time it has taken to get kits from them...

Again, great looking build.

He does have some very nice stuff!

The vendor is "wowowtaken" and he is based in Nagano, Japan. I have bought 9 rocket kits and an RMS motor casing from him in multiple auctions since July '07.

His descriptions are accurate; 'complete' means complete and 'opened' means opened. 'Damaged' also means damaged, but usually means an out of round tube.

Delivery times to Australia from Japan are 4 to 5 days. The kits are always packed well.

A good honest trader.

The vendor is "wowowtaken" and he is based in Nagano, Japan. I have bought 9 rocket kits and an RMS motor casing from him in multiple auctions since July '07.

Hey, that guy bid against me, on the TAN-SAM I think.

His descriptions are accurate; 'complete' means complete and 'opened' means opened. 'Damaged' also means damaged, but usually means an out of round tube.

Delivery times to Australia from Japan are 4 to 5 days. The kits are always packed well.

A good honest trader.

I too have purchased a couple of items from him as well...Couldn't believe that it only took 4 days to get here in Georgia from Japan!:eek:

Awesome!

I miss these discontinued kits. The old Estes kits seem better than todays. :cry:

Attachments

• 20240301_104223.jpg
    20240301_104223.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240301_104239.jpg
    20240301_104239.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240301_104250.jpg
    20240301_104250.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240301_104255.jpg
    20240301_104255.jpg