Estes Pro Series II Sahara Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]It looks like no one has created a gallery for the PSII Sahara yet, so here we go.

Here's mine, painted in non-standard colors. The original purple/white scheme didn’t really say “Sahara” to me. I wanted something that reminded me of the desert. The only desert I’ve actually seen though is in the southwest; these specific colors were inspired by a sunset I photographed some years ago while driving across the Mojave, incorporating both colors of the sky and the sides of a ravine that sun was lighting up as it set. I used a burnt orange, what Ford would call “Toreador Red”, gold, bronze, and the royal purple as an accent. This paint job was tricky because of incompatibility between different paints used. I painted all of the parts individually before assembly, then put it together. The checker pattern and the purple bands are vinyl from Stickershock23. The rest is paint.

21164618394_1c32a31630_b.jpg

21600446089_fe1f409d79_b.jpg

21166303033_084d74eb12_b.jpg

21761218256_99b1c10001_b.jpg

21164600434_2b4e05f6cf_b.jpg

[/FONT]

Last edited:
That looks awesome! I felt the same way as far as the name and color scheme. I don't have the detail you do, but I wanted an orange color. I used Testors One Coat Laqcuer, Fiery Orange and Blazing BlackImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1443465845.935171.jpg

Thanks.

I looked at using that Fiery Orange color on another recently painted rocket, but the Testors cans are small and expensive, so I gave it a pass and used Rustoleum Sienna Orange (or something like), which has neat pearly copper hue to it. On this rocket, though, the red & the orange are both Duplicolor Metalcast paints. The bronze and gold are Rustoleum metallic paints, the ones with the fancy top and spray nozzle (but which spatters a lot).

Yours would look good with the addition of the Stickershock decals, maybe with black checkers and gold banding, if you were so inclined. But it looks great as is, its clean and straight forward.

Thanks.

I looked at using that Fiery Orange color on another recently painted rocket, but the Testors cans are small and expensive, so I gave it a pass and used Rustoleum Sienna Orange (or something like), which has neat pearly copper hue to it. On this rocket, though, the red & the orange are both Duplicolor Metalcast paints. The bronze and gold are Rustoleum metallic paints, the ones with the fancy top and spray nozzle (but which spatters a lot).

Yours would look good with the addition of the Stickershock decals, maybe with black checkers and gold banding, if you were so inclined. But it looks great as is, its clean and straight forward.

Thanks! I've thought about getting something from StickerShock, but haven't decided yet. It's a great flying rocket, that's for sure! I'm thinking about getting another one, simply because of the price.

Here's mine:

Gulfoss.jpg

I was thinking about the purple theme, but I went a different direction. We took our summer vacation in England and Iceland this year, so I painted mine red, white, and blue and put an Icelandic flag decal on it. Rather than a desert, I named it after the jaw-droppingly beautiful waterfall in Iceland.

gullfoss2.jpg

Last edited:
Back