Estes parts and catalog numbers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
I look at old Estes kit plans a lot. I think about either building old kits back as I flew them, or maybe updating the design and building. More than a few times I've looked at the Estes part number and tried to remember exactly how long that body tube was, or what shape the nosecone was. I found a list at ninfinger, and converted it to pdf to have a copy on hand. A shoutout to Sven and JimZ for herlping preserve a much enjoyed pastime.

Attachments

• estes parts.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 47
Now if only Estes would publicize a similar pdf for their current model rocket parts. Or a cross-refernce from old part numbers to new part numbers.

Now if only Estes would publicize a similar pdf for their current model rocket parts. Or a cross-refernce from old part numbers to new part numbers.
Somewhere there is something like this. I saw it years ago when I was relatively new to being a BAR. Not by Estes of course but was a group contribution document. If I come across it I will post.

Estes Body Tube/Kit Reference Prepared By: John Brohm
Estes Nose Cone/Kit List Reference - Revision 10.1 Prepared By: John Brohm
1974 Estes Custom Model Rocket Parts Catalog

Attachments

• Estes BodyTube and Kit Reference.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • Estes Nosecone Reference 10.1.pdf
    75.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Estes Custom Model Rocket Parts Catalog.pdf
    901.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Guys... A lot of what I know about old kits comes from those 3 documents. I've used them countless times to make my sims.

I know I am poking an old thread, but many thanks to @K'Tesh . Data published by Estes is abysmal at best, and the documents posted above are a huge help, especially when putting data into OpenRocket. One would think, given the age of model rocketry, that there would be a consolidated cross reference database that embraced that history for all the major vendors.

Regardless, the above files were all I needed to get the sim data I needed for my grandson's Baby Bertha build, so again, thanks very much!

Latest posts

Back