• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Estes Motor Lot A-E power, over 175 motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyD

Reaction score
For sale is a lot of Estes motors, igniters, and wadding that include the following quantities:

10 igniter packages
1 bag of wadding plus about six small packages of wadding
4 A10-3T
4 1/4A3-3T
4 1/2A3-4T
42 A8-3
10 A8-5
5 B4-4
39 B6-4
7 B6-6
13 C6-5
17 C6-7
3 C11-3 (24mm)
3 D12-3
3 D12-5
6 E9-4
13 E9-6
2 E9-8

There are two Quest motors (B-impulse) that aren't in the list bringing the total to over 175 motors.

$310 shipped to the lower 48. Paypal Friends and Family ONLY, or the payment will be returned/canceled. PM or post with questions.

FYI: MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more gear is on the way in the coming days and weeks. I'll have everything from A-powered motors to M-powered motors (may even let the N go) along with more individual kits, bulk lots of smaller kits, bulk lots of paper airframes/couplers, and nosecones, building materials (lots of fiberglass), a launch control system, motor casings in just about every size CTI makes from 24mm to 98mm, along with some smaller AT hardware and reloads, LOKI motor casings and reloads (really restricted to 38 and 54 in the LOKI stuff), chutes, built kits, just a LOT of stuff.

PS: I have the original 2.5x upscale of the Black Star Voyager that was built for and flown at Red Glare in Maryland ahead of the Estes release of the model back in 2012. This beast stands nearly 8 feet tall and sports a 54mm motor mount, meticulously built of all filament-wound fiberglass in the airframe, nosecone, and motor mounts and CNC-cut G10 fiberglass for the centering rings and all the 27 different fins and such.

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3888.JPG IMG_3889.JPG IMG_3890.JPG IMG_3891.JPG .

Last edited:
I'd like to buy the motors. I'm new to the forum. How do I contact you to do the deal?

Hello Cosmoe. You can reach me via email at [email protected] That is also my Paypal payment address. Are you in the continental United States? Your profile doesn't tell me. Once you make payment (and make sure to give me a good email address and phone number for the airbill), I package the items and send them to you with tracking. These motors are already boxed up and just waiting on payment and an address label... :)

You have to have the correct paperwork from the manufacturer and USPS. If you just chuck them in the mail or use a different shipping service and are discovered, you could jeopardize the entire hobby. A lot of us in the NAR and TRA worked hard to ensure that we aren't shut down by the BATF, etc for someone breaking the law.

Chas
Nine years NAR Board of Trustees

Why couldn't one ship them? They're all well below the minimum to require hazmat shipping.

You might be uninformed. >> ALL OF THOSE MOTORS ARE HAZMAT.

The simple fact is - unless you are a dealer, and have the correct dot hazmat paperwork, you cannot legally ship these motors. The E motors require UPS or FEDEX ground HAZMAT shipping with the additional hazmat fee.

The smaller motors require written permission from the US Postmaster in Washington for shipping USPS ground.

None of this can ship via Air.

Here is an informative Link >>> https://www.nar.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Shipping-Rocket-Motors.pdf

Fair enough. I don't like to run afoul of the rules. When did an E motor require HAZMAT? I understand the ground shipping and was going to ship them via Ground. I'll check the link and proceed as necessary. If I have to, I can get a HAZMAT shipper to ship for me...

Fair enough. I don't like to run afoul of the rules. When did an E motor require HAZMAT? I understand the ground shipping and was going to ship them via Ground. I'll check the link and proceed as necessary. If I have to, I can get a HAZMAT shipper to ship for me...
Except the loose ones are not in original packaging anymore. Any motor that had more than 30grams of propellant will have to ship hazmat via FedEx or Ups. For the surface mail, You'll need a copy of your USPS authorization to ship, a dangerous goods declaration in triplicate, and all the proper labels for the package.

You might be uninformed. >> ALL OF THOSE MOTORS ARE HAZMAT.

The simple fact is - unless you are a dealer, and have the correct dot hazmat paperwork, you cannot legally ship these motors. The E motors require UPS or FEDEX ground HAZMAT shipping with the additional hazmat fee.

The smaller motors require written permission from the US Postmaster in Washington for shipping USPS ground.

None of this can ship via Air.

Here is an informative Link >>> https://www.nar.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Shipping-Rocket-Motors.pdf
These can ship air, but you'll pay for it. I've done a bunch over overnight dangerous goods packages.

Back