Estes 3-inch tubing and Lock 3-inch coupler

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Loc 3-inch coupler fits the Estes 3-inch pro series tubing?

It DOES NOT, the Loc is 3.00" OD and the Estes airframe is 2.93"ID, the coupler stock for Estes is available from Balsa Machining Service as C300 in 4, 6 or 34" lengths.
Thanks, I will make AV bay from scratch then. I have the coupler stock for the 3 inch Estes tube but was going to take a short cut with the Loc AV Bay parts.

Thanks, I will make AV bay from scratch then. I have the coupler stock for the 3 inch Estes tube but was going to take a short cut with the Loc AV Bay parts.
You have a 3D printer - Just print the coupler and AVbay.

Balsa Machining has the dims for them on their site under the C300 coupler size.

Oddly, the BMS C300 coupler does not fit the BMS T300 (and Estes) airframe. The coupler OD is equal to the airframe ID. Both are 2.93" and thus interference. I had to order couplers from Apogee for a better fit.

1701779463156.png

Odd getting replies from a post in June long solved.
Not really, someone else reopened aka necro'd the thread by asking for more information. If you dont want people doing that then ask the mods to lock the thread once your question has been answered (as long as you are the original poster of course, which you were). Threads have been known to be necro'd after having been dead for over 10 years and the original posters long out of the hobby, the information contained in the thread however still has value to people hence the reason we dont just delete threads once a question has been answered.

Back