Epoxy application

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
I've thought about this many times but haven't ever posted about it...

If I mix epoxy in about the same ratio, then apply the epoxy and let it cure for a couple hours then come back with another coat of it mixed approximately the same way, will it affect the adhesion of the second coat and will it make the first coat not cure properly?

good question! I'm new to using epoxy. I just this moment started my LOC Viper III. I'm letting the first batch cure. and wondering how long I need to wait before I can continue. I get bored waiting around, so I'm cruzin the forum while I wait. Hope some veterans chime in soon!

I would put on the 2nd coat of epoxy right as the first one gets real tacky. Then it will still have some chemical bondage.

Ben

good question! I'm new to using epoxy. I just this moment started my LOC Viper III. I'm letting the first batch cure. and wondering how long I need to wait before I can continue. I get bored waiting around, so I'm cruzin the forum while I wait. Hope some veterans chime in soon!

good luck on the build!

Ben

Back