Engine bulk packs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What ONE motor would you most like to see Bulk Packed?

• A3-4T

• A10-3T

• C6-0

• C11-5

• D12-3

• D12-5

• E9-4

• E9-6

Results are only viewable after voting.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Someone was asking about C6-0 bulk packs and it got me to re-thinking a discussion I had a while back with other rocketeers...

What ONE motor would you like to see in 12 or 24 bulk packs?

Me: Any of the 24mm motors, at least one each of the C11, D12 and E9, not to mention the C6-0 :D

Also mini motors, say the A10-3T or (better yet) the A10-0T

The E9-6 was my vote as the most desired

you?

D12-3 And E9-4 for me... Why Jim? Are you going to purchase Estes and make some changes?

:D

Originally posted by rokitflite
D12-3 And E9-4 for me... Why Jim? Are you going to purchase Estes and make some changes?

:D

SSshhhhhh!! Not so loud! Sheesh! :p

Figured if we get enough response it may get the folks at Estes to thinking. I mean, they should be interested in anything that would help increase motor sales ...

Small motors like the mini-A's would be good in 24 packs at about $40. Large motors, like the D's and E's, I would buy them in 12 packs at about $45. I figure that's a fair discount. An equivalent amount of E9's would be $60, so figure a $10 bulk discount. :)

Jason

I would like to see ALL of them sold in bulk packs! That is probably unrealistic. I picked the E9-4. I think the Micro Maxx motors should be buled also.

A10-0s would be great if sold in bulk, I'm entertaining the idea of a 3 stager with 14 A10s in each stage. But with all the diffeent kinds of Ds, it's not practical forme to buy packs of 3 if I only use one of that delay anyways, so D12s would be great in bulk.

I voted for D12-5s and I see a lot of folks did too. but we fly just about everything so I would really like to see a D12 bulk pack with say 6x -0s + 6x -5s.

an E9 bulk pack would be awesome but hard to choose between -4 and -6 so maybe an assortment of those too.

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
I'd like to see a bulk pack or like six D12-3, six D12-5, six E9-4, and six E9-6.

Now that would be cool, something like the blast off pack they sell now but with C11, D12, and E9 motors.

I personally want an I600 bulk pack. I'm thinking 5 motors for $160 :)

On a more serious note:
I would love to see E9-6 bulks. It's the perfect motor for so many rockets.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Now that would be cool, something like the blast off pack they sell now but with C11, D12, and E9 motors.

OH man, yea, that would be awesome! Wish I had thought about that for the poll

OOOH OOOH , yeah, I wanna change my vote to the C,D E mixed bulk pack too!! Short delays please......

I say medium delays. I prefer them. Maybe something like 4 C11-3's, 4 C11-5's, 4 D12-3's, 4 D12-5's, 4 E9-4's, and 4 E9-6's, all for $60.

Jason

I would love to see D12 bulk packs but I'd be almost as happy if Estes could figure out some way to get D's back into WalMart. :(

See, The Dude WAS good for something. ;)

They don't only need D's at wal mart they need E motors too. I wish estes had bulk packs of like C11's, D12's, and E9's. And you could choose from like either short, medium, or long. Like the short pack would have eight C11-3, eight D12-3, and eight E9-4. And so on in increasing delay lenghts.

Originally posted by Tucker5246
I would like to see ALL of them sold in bulk packs!

And if not in 24-count bulk packs, maybe just a pack of one dozen (with a fair price break)
You know, back in the good 'ol days, Estes used to offer something similar

If I had 1 choice, I would vote for the 24mm blast-off pack. A close second for bulk pack of B6-2's, I use these a lot in small fields. The 24mm blast off pack would ideally have a mix of delays, unlike the 18mm blast off pack.

-Paul

D12-5 for me if I pick one. But why not a D pack with a few -0, -7, and few more -3 and -7? This would be better for me than any one delay.

Same with an E multi-pack.

Back