End of the Year Awards

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjnodice

Reaction score
I know there's still a few weeks left in 2005, but there has been some pretty amazing builds and pics on this forum this year, and it's fun to think back on it all.

My vote for build of the year, the last two years really, is Drew Tomko's Energia-Buran. If you missed it, you should go through the thread and see for yourself the amazing skills and patience Drew shows over the course of the project!

Drew's Buran Thread

And my vote for photo of the year is a launch picture of Fred22's clustered Estes Saturn V.

attachment.php

What a shot! Fred, you should take the hi-res version and upload it to Cafepress so we can all buy posters of it!

So everyone...What are your favorites????

I hate to admit it, and there are some other techical tour de force candidates, but just watching Flis carry Dudley Do Right to the pad was worth a build of the year award.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the compliment on the saturn V shot JJ but whats a cafe press?
Build of the year is hard to pick but the Buran was flat out amazing not leat of reason why it was a scratch build.
Cheers
fred

I'd vote for that torriod ring rocket scratch build, based on the BattleStar Galactica show. A bad guy I think it was..

Sorry, thats all I know about it. Dunno his name, nor the name of the rocket, nor the thread it appreaed in. He does have it posted in the EMRR 'Nekkid' contest.

And from what I remeber, it wasn't a sucessful flight, but one of teh coolest builds I've seen!

Actually, no. But that one will also get my vote! Very cool looking bird there Jim!

No, i meant this one:
(Stole it from the EMRR site. Hope that's OK! )

I just tried it again, and no problems. Strange...

Back