Dr. Rocket Motor case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kandsrockets

Reaction score
I just won a 29/240 Dr. Rocket RMS. Is there anything I should know about this case. I am asking before I go and order a few cases (180, 100 case). I have a few Rousetech cases now and have had no problems with them.

Thanks
Scott

Considering that other than the anodizing and engraving, it is exactly, 100% identical to the rouse case, nope, there's nothing you need to know :)

Originally posted by cjl
Considering that other than the anodizing and engraving, it is exactly, 100% identical to the rouse case, nope, there's nothing you need to know :)

Sweet. I got a new case for 61 bucks with shipping, that is 14 bucks less than Dr. Rocket lists them for. I will probally order a 180 case next week.

The 29mm casings are awesome! I got my L1 with an H165R (29/180 load), and one of my favorite launches so far has been my Loc Norad Pro Maxx on an H180 (29/240 load). You will not be disappointed with these casings. Here's a shot of the H180.

Originally posted by Loopy
The 29mm casings are awesome! I got my L1 with an H165R (29/180 load), and one of my favorite launches so far has been my Loc Norad Pro Maxx on an H180 (29/240 load). You will not be disappointed with these casings. Here's a shot of the H180.

I built a 3"dia upscale of the estes Patriot M-104 and I am looking at using the H180 load for my L1 test. I also have a 2.56" dia upscaled LOC Nuke Pro Maxx that I will have with as a backup just incase something fails, but it will be a backup only because the H180 sends this thing over 3500 ft and it is only single deployment. If I have to use it I hope for a very calm day or I might need a good pair of walking shoes. The H180 on the Patriot keeps it around 2500 ft

Got to love those Redlines - even the little ones.

Keeping it lower will make your cert team/prefect happier. Trust me I know.

Al

Scott,

You do need the Aluminum fwd. seal disk for use with the 29/240 case. Just an FYI in case you didn't know.

-Eric-

Originally posted by krsconstruction
I built a 3"dia upscale of the estes Patriot M-104 and I am looking at using the H180 load for my L1 test. I also have a 2.56" dia upscaled LOC Nuke Pro Maxx that I will have with as a backup just incase something fails, but it will be a backup only because the H180 sends this thing over 3500 ft and it is only single deployment. If I have to use it I hope for a very calm day or I might need a good pair of walking shoes. The H180 on the Patriot keeps it around 2500 ft

If you have to do it on the Nuke Pro Maxx, I'd suggest seeing if you can do it with a 29/180 motor like the H128 or H165.

Originally posted by ECayemberg
Scott,

You do need the Aluminum fwd. seal disk for use with the 29/240 case. Just an FYI in case you didn't know.

-Eric-

If you plan to use the 29/240 H210R or H220T loads, the seal disk IS required.;)

However, it is not required for the H97J and H180W loads.

I thought it was required on the H180...

I haven't fired too many of the longer 29's though, so I may be mistaken...

Donald is correct.

And the H180W is one sweet motor. It's one of the coolest H motors that AT makes, IMO.

I agree it is awesome - I just fire more 38's because the 29's are a pain to clean (skinny cases + fat fingers). I need to fly more of them though. They are incredible motors...

Originally posted by cjl
I agree it is awesome - I just fire more 38's because the 29's are a pain to clean (skinny cases + fat fingers). I need to fly more of them though. They are incredible motors...

I use a 12ga cotton bore cleaning swab with a little no. 9 bore cleaner after I am done for the day. In between firing threw the day I wrap a handy wipe around a 12ga cotton swab.

Originally posted by Fore Check
Donald is correct.

And the H180W is one sweet motor. It's one of the coolest H motors that AT makes, IMO.

Originally posted by tedman
I have three h180's that are dieing to get used.

ahem....clearly you mean that you have 3 H-180s that are being stored in a BATFE approved magazine by a LEUP holding adult (maybe your dad)...right?

Cuz the rest non-LEUPers of us all rushed to our field agent's offices last fall and surrendered all the H+ motors we had purchaced so as not to step afoul of the new regs.

;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Well got home from work and in the mail there was a package. This is what was in the package.....:D

My Dr. Rocket 29/240 case beside my 29/40-120 case.
Picture007.jpg

Can't wait to put it in this with a H180.
Picture008.jpg

Woo hoo! You will NOT be disappointed by the H180! The H210 is also quite nice (red load for the 29/240 casing)

Back