Does U.S. Rockets Still Exist?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Apogee still has some kits in stock, and others still listed but showing as out of stock. I was on the on the "notify me" list for the "F with Multiple D Pods", and that has disappeared.

Apogee still has some kits in stock, and others still listed but showing as out of stock. I was on the on the "notify me" list for the "F with Multiple D Pods", and that has disappeared.
I met JI at an event about a year ago and asked about his kits. He said he could make them if I emailed him.

I just checked Apogee's website and I see 4 U.S. Rockets. It looks like all 4 are in-stock except one of the kits has only one left. Perhaps Performance Hobbies might have some. Years ago U.S. Rockets had a website, but I can't find it now. Overall it would probably be better to order an U.S. Rockets kit from a vendor who has it in stock.
https://performancehobbies.com/secure/store.aspx?groupid=19

I just checked Apogee's website and I see 4 U.S. Rockets. It looks like all 4 are in-stock except one of the kits has only one left. Perhaps Performance Hobbies might have some. Years ago U.S. Rockets had a website, but I can't find it now. Overall it would probably be better to order an U.S. Rockets kit from a vendor who has it in stock.
https://performancehobbies.com/secure/store.aspx?groupid=19
I checked Apogee yesterday, and at least one had a red button to get onto a notification list for restock. Today I checked Performance Hobbies (thank you) and the one I've been looking at isn't there either. Ugh.

You can always try emailing JI. I ordered something from him direct a few months ago. He responded quickly, and I didn’t have to pay until after I received it.

01rocket at gte.net

Or you can pull a Rocksim or Open Rocket file from RocketReviews and clone it. I do that a lot for OOP vintage kits.

I wanted to know first if it actually is OOP, as I consider cloning an available kit to be rather underhanded.

Mr. Irvine emailed me back and asked for an address, so I think I Just Ordered it.

Back