Deviled Eggs and Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
:lol:

Made me-self some 'Deviled Eggs" lastnight...YUMMY!

I use "Deviled Ham" in mine.
Deviled ham and equal parts yoke mixed together with a little Mayo and spices.
Garlic powder,black pepper,cayene,dry mustard, and paparika to top them off.
Thats the way my Dad did it and it makes sense, seeing they are called "Deviled" eggs.

A guy in work makes his with chopped ham.

Anywhoo---How do you get devilish with your eggs?

Last edited:
Well, my deviled eggs aren't anything but southern style using Dukes mayonnaise, a little mustard, just a dribble of vinegar, some salt & pepper and topped with paprika. What IS sinfully devilish is this bundt cake I made. Uses 5...I said 5 eggs. It's called a Brown Sugar pound cake with a caramel icing. YUP, a serious sugar bomb for sure. This goes to my brother's tomorrow for the big Christmas din din.

Bundt Cake.JPG

Well, my deviled eggs aren't anything but southern style using Dukes mayonnaise, a little mustard, just a dribble of vinegar, some salt & pepper and topped with paprika. What IS sinfully devilish is this bundt cake I made. Uses 5...I said 5 eggs. It's called a Brown Sugar pound cake with a caramel icing. YUP, a serious sugar bomb for sure. This goes to my brother's tomorrow for the big Christmas din din.

View attachment 158303
THATS IT!!! Vinegar,thats what them eggs are missing. They are good,but I knew they were lacking something.
You are a brave man Gary , posting a cake like that here. You may have more for dinner than first thought...:lol:

:lol:

Made me-self some 'Deviled Eggs" lastnight...YUMMY!

I use "Deviled Ham" in mine.
Deviled ham and equal parts yoke mixed together with a little Mayo and spices.
Garlic powder,black pepper,cayene,dry mustard, and paparika to top them off.
Thats the way my Dad did it and it makes sense, seeing they are called "Deviled" eggs.

A guy in work makes his with chopped ham.

Anywhoo---How do you get devilish with your eggs?
Man-that sounds sooo good. I have got to try this recipe!

Scotty, I learned how to make deviled eggs from my Uncle Bobby and he knew better than anyone in my family how to do them justice. I'm pretty sure he used cider vinegar, not the clear stuff. That's what gives them that edge. I know Dukes Mayonnaise is fairly regional around here, but it too has an edge like no other. Just a bit on the sharp side but exploding with flavor. If you ever get a chance to buy some Dukes, don't hesitate. In a world where most people would say Hellman's is boss, I beg to differ.

Doris Bundick’s Deviled Eggs

The combination of the richness of the yokes with the crunch of the celery, the brine of the olives (capers could be tried in a pinch) and the final paprika topping makes a very excellent party snack!

Time: 45 minutes (most of it cracking and shelling the eggs, and chopping things up); may be prepared in advance and held in the fridge.

Skill Level: dead flat easy

Yield: 24 lip smacking hors d' oeuvres

Ingredients
• One dozen large Grade A eggs
• 1-2 tablespoons yellow French’s mustard (see notes below)
• 4-6 tablespoons mayonnaise (see notes below)
• 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce (see notes below)
• One medium stalk celery, diced to 1/8”
• Two handfuls, approximately 20-30, green stuffed olives
• Kosher salt
• Fresh black pepper
• Paprika (smoked Spanish paprika is pretty fantastic if you can find it!)

Directions:
• Let eggs come to room temperature, then place into large pot.
• Cover with water by 1”.
• Put pot on high heat, and bring to a full rolling boil.
• Let boil 10 minutes, remove from heat, and run cold water over eggs to cool.
• Let eggs come back to approximately room temperature (you need to be able to handle them without going “ouch!”)
• Remove and discard shells, cut eggs in half, reserving yolk in a mixing bowl, and placing halved eggs on a large serving platter.
• Mash up yokes (a fork works OK), then dice celery to 1/8 to ¼”, mixing with yokes.
• Thinly slice green stuffed olives and mix with yoke / celery mix. You want enough olives so there’s a slice in each bite.
• Add mayonnaise, yellow mustard and Worchester sauce and mix thoroughly until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I never measure any of these
three ingredients; I add some, taste and add additional as required. All measurements above are approximate.)
• Spoon resultant mixture into halved egg whites; each egg should be a bit overflowing due to the added ingredients.
• When all eggs are filled, sprinkle with paprika. This is both for looks and surprisingly for taste. They are not the same snack without the paprika!

Doris Bundick’s Deviled Eggs
sprinkle with paprika. This is both for looks and surprisingly for taste. They are not the same snack without the paprika![/QUOTE]Aint that the truth..

Anywhoo--I could see me-self sampling 4-6 of those....!

The title made me think that you were producing rocket fuel.

Back