Custom Laser Cut and 3D Printed Parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta-IV

Reaction score
Greetings, I just wanted to put in a plug that I now have the capability to do custom balsa, basswood, lite-ply, acrylic etc. cutting services.

If you also need some custom 3D printed parts to add to your scratch project, please drop me a PM, or even better a "contact us" from my website.

Thanks,
-Carl-

Greetings, I just wanted to put in a plug that I now have the capability to do custom balsa, basswood, lite-ply, acrylic etc. cutting services. If you also need some custom 3D printed parts to add to your scratch project, please drop me a PM, or even better a "contact us" from my website. Thanks, -Carl-

Awesome, Carl! Can you help us out a bit by summarizing your capabilities? What material thicknesses, max sheet size for the cutter, printing area for the printer, etc.

I have a 60 watt CO2 laser with a 16 by 24 inch work area.

The thickest I've cut so far is a 1/4 inch thick plywood, but I am experimenting all the time and multiple passes seems to work well also.

My Stratasys UPrint SE 3D printer has a 6 by 8 inch XY (width - length) base and can go up to 6 inches in Z (height). It makes the parts in ABS plastic and I've gone down to as little as 0.030 in wall thickness.

Thanks,
-Carl-

Last edited:
I recently used Carl to cut fins for an upscale project I'm working on. The parts turned out great! I also had a bunch of different size bulkheads cut. He even laser etched the size of each bulkhead on each piece (very handy).

Carl was very easy to work. Communications were timely and outstanding as we worked through the project specs to completion. The packaging of all the parts was top notch. Everything sealed in its own bag and nicely packed in the box. I thought he produced an excellent product at a fair price.

Back