CTI 75mm help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g zilla

Reaction score
I just got a 75mm 4 grain case gen 2.Trying to load this motor ( L-3200 v max) and it calls for 2 retaining ring but does not mention a thrust ring. Is the thrust ring a substitution for the second retaining ring . I only got one retaining ring with this motor. They show 2 in the directions.

there is two o rings that goes on the rear retaining ring, one on the inside and one on the outside.
then one ring that goes on the forward closer

IMG_20160313_140835460_HDR.jpg

Got that part. Insruction #2.9 shows a retaining ring I think that should be the thrust ring. I only have one retaining ring and I believe it goes on the foward end.

You should have two rings

IMG_20160313_135951542_HDR.jpg

the one up by the spacers is the forward.. the one to the right is the rear next to the double o-ring ring..

the rear retaining ring will have a lip on it for the motor retainer to connect on to.

Yes, two retaining rings. You need everything in this picture:

CTI75.jpg

You also need their wrench, or some means of tightening the rings.

So the rear retaining ring is the thrust ring also

Yes, with the gen2, I will try to get a better pic later. My stuffs is at my dads house.

if we are talking about the same ring..

my case in the second pic has no thrust ring to it on the case.. it's smooth all the way.. so my rear retainer has the thrust ring part to it built there.

my case in the second pic has no thrust ring to it on the case.. it's smooth all the way.. so my rear retainer has the thrust ring part to it built there.

Got it They need to update the instructions for both styles. But I guess they got more important things to do now. Get well Jerome

Now I am mixed up. Isn't the Gen 2 the one with the thrust ring on rear closure? The glued on or pressed one on Gen 1 sometimes came loose?

Gen 1 post 13. Thrust ring is attached to the case.

Gen 2 post 16.

Back