Completely OT... Just been on holiday to the Deschutes and forgot.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
.... my fly rod.

We had booked a holiday in a resort called Sunriver in Oregon (near Bend). When we got there and got the 'resort' map, I noticed that it bordered on the Deschutes, then realised that this was the first week after the river opened for trout fishing, the Stonefly hatch had just started and..... i was there with wife and 2 young(ish) kids and NO FLY ROD!!

Although a really good family time was had visiting volcanic sites, high desert museum, etc, etc and both kids managed to score two trout each at a 'free youth fishing' event.... I HAD NO FLY ROD!

OK.. this post may not make sense to most people, but, fly fishermen out there may be crying with me at the moment!

Time to book next year!

Not a fisherman, but I feel your pain! Beautiful country up there!

I'm in Klamath Falls for a couple weeks. It is beautiful up here. Unfortunately I have to work 6:30pm to 7am, then sleep all day, so I only get to enjoy it during the 15 minute drive each way...

I always pack a rod, drives the wife crazy. Even when I know there is no fishing where we're going, I never miss a chance to wet a line.
I keep a rod in each of my vehicles, with a small tackle pouch.
As the BSA say's "Always be prepared".

Been a while since I've been fly fishing. But a few years back I used to go to the West fork of Azusa canyon for some nice dry fly action. Not much of that here in North Texas.

.... my fly rod.

We had booked a holiday in a resort called Sunriver in Oregon (near Bend). When we got there and got the 'resort' map, I noticed that it bordered on the Deschutes, then realised that this was the first week after the river opened for trout fishing, the Stonefly hatch had just started and..... i was there with wife and 2 young(ish) kids and NO FLY ROD!!

OK.. this post may not make sense to most people, but, fly fishermen out there may be crying with me at the moment!

Time to book next year!
You are a better man than me, Kemosabe- I woulda been inconsolable and downright curmudgeonly all week. I do grumpy (when I'm not fishing) quite well, thank you!

Back