Club's latest launch - mostly low power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
I see people post that they are hesitant to join a club because they only fly little rockets. Our club (TYORC703 near Dayton, OH) had a launch on Saturday, December 10th. Our glorious leader posted the flight stats today.

Motor Flights
A 5
B 17
C 18
D 7
E 7
F 4
G 4
H 4
I 2
J 5
K 1

That summarizes to 47 low power, 15 mid power and 12 high power.

I don't know how our club compares to others, but obviously low power rockets are very, very popular for a club that offers pads for 1/4A up to M motors.

I see people post that they are hesitant to join a club because they only fly little rockets. Our club (TYORC703 near Dayton, OH) had a launch on Saturday, December 10th. Our glorious leader posted the flight stats today.

Motor Flights
A 5
B 17
C 18
D 7
E 7
F 4
G 4
H 4
I 2
J 5
K 1

I don't know how our club compares to others, but obviously low power rockets are very, very popular for a club that offers pads for 1/4A up to M motors.

When you consider the extra time and expense of high power, and to some extent, mid power, these are pretty impressive numbers. I was hoping that the weather would cooperate for this launch, but the rains of the early week coupled with the cold of Saturday and all I could think of was ten pound boots, a runny nose, and a new car that I'm still fairly protective of.:D:rolleyes:I'm getting a bit old for that.:eek:

Our club launches have plenty of LPR flights as well.

I keep meaning to make it over there to a launch. Some of your guys regularly come across the state line to join in at our club launches. I came very close to heading out the Saturday after Thanksgiving, as my wife and daughters were up north visiting her parents and I thought it would be as good a time as any to make the trip.

But I got the text saying they were leaving early and figured I should be home when they got back, so...

Par for the couse as launches go...

for the record... without pics, this launch did not happen!!! :p

Motor Flights
A 5
B 17
C 18
D 7
E 7
F 4
G 4
H 4
I 2
J 5
K 1

The last time I looked over the flight cards for launches at our club, the trend I've seen is that there are somewhere around 100 flights, and C motors are usually the most flown.

kj

I have no access to the club's launch cards but I'd guess the same ratios at our launches.

We get an awful lot of Cub Scouts and youth groups who mostly fly A-C motors.

The club members themselves usually fly D and E's, clusters, MPR and HPR (when conditions permit).

Lately there have been a lot of Mean Machines boosting. Not sure why that is but maybe it's because EVERYBODY's got one. Or more.

1/2A 2
A 7
B 2
C 3
D 1
F 2
H 9
K 1
L 1
28 flights. We had 4 NASA Engineers completing their Level 1 Cert flights, so there is a little more high power than normal.

Back