Cesaroni Pro29 ignition times

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Reaction score
I'm currently building a two-stage rocket with a two-motor 29mm cluster in the second stage. I'm planning to use a pair of Pro29 3G H motors (either H90 Classics or H54 White Longburns most likely). In my experience with Pro38 and Pro54, most CTI motors light almost instantaneously due to their BP igniter pellets, as long as the e-match is properly placed. But I don't have much experience with Pro29 and I did have some trouble getting a G54 Red Lightning started once (but that could have been due to poor igniter placement.) Has anyone had any problem with ignition delays on Pro29 motors, and if so, which ones? Thanks in advance.

I've flown the H410, H163, H87, and the G54, and none of them have any delay time. The higher thrust two have no BP pellet, but don't need any since the ematch head is bigger on those two.

Pro 29s are the fastest lighting motors I have ever used. When they say instant reliable ignition, they really mean it!

Alex

I've flown the H410, H163, H87, and the G54, and none of them have any delay time. The higher thrust two have no BP pellet, but don't need any since the ematch head is bigger on those two.
Oh buddy! Two H54's? suborbital! Never had a problem with these. Shane has some low current e-matches I've dipped with a hot mix (extra Mg) and they fire with an Adept, RRC2 and a HiAlt. Just make sure your electrics can dump enuff juice on demand if you use regular CTI wires.

Just make sure your electrics can dump enuff juice on demand if you use regular CTI wires.

The CTI motors I've used, with the exception of an M motor, have all come with electric matches. Current shouldn't be a problem with them.

-Kevin

Kev- did not know that. I've fired a buncho CTI but have always used my own igniters. Are you saying these are low current? Whoohoo! Bonus!

In my experience they either light instantly or don't at all (have had two igniters that were open-circuit out of the package - and which have since been replaced by the dealer). I actually lit one with an Estes Sonic igniter when I had my second bad CTI igniter. Instant on.

The 29's I've flown fired right up.

Later!

--Coop

Back