Central Coast Model Rocket Club

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokitman88

Reaction score
We are back to launching again after a summer stoppage because of fire danger. We are a small club and do low power mostly (G-limit) depending on the wind. We launch at Camp San Luis (near San Luis Obispo) National Guard base off their helicopter pad. We need a few more members to make it worthwhile for our CAP liason to make arrangements. Our next launch will be in late January, weather permitting.

Ahhh, the slippery slope.
I started by driving a couple of hours to Snow Ranch, after that Helm only seemed a little further, now looking at SLO 4 hours away… At this pace I’ll be lost in the desert before I know it!

Hey...I live in SLO...very interested in joining you guys, I've traveled to Helm and Snow Ranch and loved it, but if I could launch smaller rockets without a 2 hour or 4 hour drive, that would make me very happy. Let me know the details...

Thanks!

Hey...I live in SLO...very interested in joining you guys, I've traveled to Helm and Snow Ranch and loved it, but if I could launch smaller rockets without a 2 hour or 4 hour drive, that would make me very happy. Let me know the details...

Thanks!

I'll keep you posted once we set the date for the next launch.

Checking to see if anyone is still monitoring this forum. I reached out to Range Control at Camp San Luis and I spoke to them about using O'Sullivan field. I just wanted to find a place to launch with my 8 yr old nephew. I received a favorable response as long as I'm with a group and have the $2M insurance policy. Paperwork to get access takes about three days. Does having a $2M policy seem unreasonable? Is there a group that is still interested in flying small rockets locally?

I'd be interested if we could do high power rockets (at least H-I).

Back