Centering Ring Templates? Or Software?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNoir

Reaction score
Must be "Rocket Template Day" at TRF, eh?

I got ready to do the rebuild of my old Estes SPEV, and find that my ancient RocketCAD Version 3 software won't run on my computer (I hadn't used RocketCAD in years, BTW), so I was short of centering ring patters for the "BT20 inside BT-70" engine mount.

I have a Olfa circle cutter which works well on both cardboard and foamboard, but I need centering rings patterns.

Can anyone point me to either a PDF, Word, etc. file to download to get centering rings patterns, or to a freeware program or site that would let me print them out on my printer?

My SPEV will really want to fly again come next April. . .

Too lazy to get the link but on emrr there's a widget w/ templates for making them. Just punch in the numbers and presto!

I use the Engine Mount/Bulkhead Template Generator on the same page as the Widget proggie mentioned above.

Here's a link to the page where you can download. Templates and Tools

Can anyone point me to either a PDF, Word, etc. file to download to get centering rings patterns, or to a freeware program or site that would let me print them out on my printer?

https://www.payloadbay.com/index.php?page=Tools&action=RINGS

"The Centering Ring / Motor Mount Tool creates a template for a centering ring or motor mount. The template can be printed actual size. The parameters you enter to define the ring match those used by Balsa Machining Service which makes this tool useful for 'visualizing' a center ring or motor mount before ordering it from BMS."

-- Roger

What ever happened to the old method of tracing the OD of tubes on paper and use a protractor to find the center?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. If you have the cutter, you should be able to set it to the right radius and cut away. If you need a pattern, a ruler and compass is really quick and easy, even if it is a little "old" school. :)

A compass is the tool I use as well. You can add in "fudge factors" because if it's too small, you can always sand it.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I downloaded and used the engine mount software from EMRR and it works fine.

Back to rebuilding the SPEV!!!

Must be "Rocket Template Day" at TRF, eh?

I got ready to do the rebuild of my old Estes SPEV, and find that my ancient RocketCAD Version 3 software won't run on my computer (I hadn't used RocketCAD in years, BTW), so I was short of centering ring patters for the "BT20 inside BT-70" engine mount.

I have a Olfa circle cutter which works well on both cardboard and foamboard, but I need centering rings patterns.

My SPEV will really want to fly again come next April. . .

Bunny:
I'm still able to use rocketCAD-4 with window Xp.. are you running vista?
Seems like some of the little programs work so well and quick we hate to let them go;)

Back