Canadian Navy Cardstock Model Ship Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketbuilder

Reaction score
I built one of these models a while ago just for fun, but I think it might be possible to convert it to rocket! https://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms/5/5-a_eng.asp?id=608 (The model is at the bottom of the page.)
I'm thinking the motor tube could be mounted in the back of the ship with some custom square-ish centering rings, and and have an inner tube running the length of the ship, where the parachute would be packed. I'm thinking the front couple inches of the ship could separate as the nose cone. Fins could be attached to the sides and bottom of the ship, and one on the top of the motor tube. I'll definitely try, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out!
Here's a pic:
kingston_easy_photo-s_e.jpg

you're ambitious, i'll give ya that, eh?
You should just shove a motor tube through the entire length of the vessel, then fashion a nose cone using the tip of the bow. I imagine you'll be using a B or C motor, so 18mm should suffice. This way, you solve the recovery and motor problems. You're gonna need some seriously large fins for that thing too, and definititelyremove the mast.

you're ambitious, i'll give ya that, eh?
You should just shove a motor tube through the entire length of the vessel, then fashion a nose cone using the tip of the bow. I imagine you'll be using a B or C motor, so 18mm should suffice. This way, you solve the recovery and motor problems. You're gonna need some seriously large fins for that thing too, and definititelyremove the mast.

That pretty much sums it up! :) Although, I was planning on taking the simpler version of the mast and laminating it onto some spare balsa or basswood, just for appearances.
I was thinking maybe 4 fins 2" wide and 6-8" long might do it, along with some nose weight. Needless to say, this one will be tested in isolation. Ya know, in case it goes crazy and starts skewering people with the mast! :y:

Latest posts

Back