Can someone explain Axiom Aerospace to me?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get the business structure here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they're 100% flying on Elon's stuff. Are they just a licensee marketing SpaceX seats? I don't see why this company even exists. Do they "own" the rights to all Dragon seats evermore?

Why doesn't Elon just do this in his own company's name?

Signed,
Not a corporate wizard

Correct me if I'm wrong but they're 100% flying on Elon's stuff. Are they just a licensee marketing SpaceX seats? I don't see why this company even exists. Do they "own" the rights to all Dragon seats evermore?

Signed,
Not a corporate wizard
My .02, might be right, might be wrong...

Signed,
Not a corporate wizard
All SpaceX does is provide the ride. Be careful not to conflate space launch with space missions. Axiom makes all the arrangements with NASA and SpaceX for the ride and for the accommodations aboard the station, as well as helping to design the mission.

Axiom is also supposedly building their own space station modules that will eventually be flown to the ISS and used for their commercial missions, and eventually separated from the ISS when it is retired to become an independent station.

Back