BRB900 Documentation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MSL. Default is meters, but if the transmitter is configured to do so, it can be show in feet.

I think there may be a way for it to show AGL on the LCD version. I'll take a look at that.

-- Greg

MSL. Default is meters, but if the transmitter is configured to do so, it can be show in feet.

I think there may be a way for it to show AGL on the LCD version. I'll take a look at that.

-- Greg
Thanks for the info Greg.
Let me know what you find out.
To me it would be nice if the LCD read out would be a AGL reading in feet.
Also what kind of transmit range does the transmitter have once it is on the ground?

The conversion from meters to feet occurs at the transmitter. The base level of the transmitter doesn't have a micro controller, so output will *always* be in meters. The "smart" version of the transmitter *does* have a micro controller, and has an option to convert meters to feet.

The receiver doesn't do any unit conversions, and by default, reports altitude as "MSL"

Once you start receiving packets, and are happy with the altitude that is being reported, you can press a button on the receive which will "lock in" that altitude as the base altitude. Future packets will be reported in "AGL" mode.

As far as range on the ground, I'm reluctant to report that since it is so dependent on terrain and soil composition, antenna orientation, etc. What's important is getting that last packet while the rocket is in the air.

Last edited:
Back