BRB 900 and Raven

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedMaxFlyer

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm flying a 3" Wildman Dual-Deploy for my L2 flight next year. I'm planning on using a Raven for deployment and putting a BRB 900 in the nose cone for tracking.

I will, of course, try everything I can think of to get the BRB 900 to produce an erroneous deployment from the Raven during ground testing, but I figured I'd also ask if anyone else has had these two devices coexist peacefully (or not, if that's the case). If this arrangement has worked for anyone before, did you use any shielding in the av-bay, and if so, what kind?

Thanks for any answers.

RedMaxFlyer

William,

In my experience, I have never experienced any induced triggers when the the altimeter and tracker are more than 8-10" apart. More specifically, I have never experienced a failure when the tracker is in the nose cone well away from the av-bay.

Cheers,
- Ken

I have mounted my Raven directly underneath/next to a BRB900 as well as several other types of transmitters without any issues.

I have mounted my Raven directly underneath/next to a BRB900 as well as several other types of transmitters without any issues.

Same here. You can verify that the Raven isn't close to a malfunction by setting up your av-bay with bare ematches and the transmitter on, and running a simulated flight. You can review the data to see if the transmitter beeps are showing up in any of the recorded data.

Thanks for the answers, everyone. It seems like I'll be fine (though I will be testing anyway).

RedMaxFlyer

Back