Bonnet Type Buffer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight4

Reaction score
Anyone heard of a small lambs wool bonnet type powered random orbit buffer suitable for modeling work? I'm thinking there must be something for those model cars, planes, etc. that would also work on larger LPR and MPR rockets. Like a 2" to 3" bonnet max. Would use it with polishing or finishing compound for those "special" rockets.

My searches on the Internet are turning up zilch. The one I would use on my truck, a 12" or larger, just too, too big of course. And the little Dremel wheel too small.

I know they make sanding discs at about that size for a hand drill. Most home improvement places carry them (I know Lowes does). You could take the lambs wool from a big buffer, cut it into the disc size for the sander and put something together that way. It wouldn't be random orbital, but with a small cordless drill, you could move your hand enough to become "random orbital".

-Aaron

heada seems to have the best idea. I don't think you're going to find a "random orbital" in any smaller then 10", just because there's not much of a market for them.

I suppose you're right. I just thought there might be a tool for the "other" modeling trades that would work, or some technique.

Maybe I'll try one of those right angled cordless screwdriver/drills.

Yep, that's a little more like it. Still on the big end of things but getting there.

Back