Binder Designs Raptor BT56 downscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakota196

Reaction score
Been using up all my bt56 tubes lately, and after the Goblin and the the Der Red Max, I am using my last pieces of tubing on this design. Purchased a 4 pack of nose cones and started in. I added a sharper tip to the blunt 56 cone, it was screaming at me to add it. Since it is a 2 stager, I thought no problem. Had a bunch of cr’s, engine blocks and couplers, all I needed was engine hooks and recovery gear. Using a 15” or 18” chute, 2 feet of 1/4 “ black elastic shock cord and 3 feet of Kevlar and an ejection baffle, should complete this bird. Simmed out at 1200’ on C6-0/C6-5 or 7. I guess I will see soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
2 feet of 1/4 “ black elastic shock cord and 3 feet of Kevlar para cord...what weight para cord did you use for a model this size?
I use 150# for LPR up to BT60. I've got some slighlty heavier cord to use for some BT70 and BT80 models I'm working on. BT80 will be fairly large but won't be very heavy.

Latest posts

Back