BattlePark Feb 20-21

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Due to a forecast of arctic conditions with winds over 15mph and gust over 30mph, the BattlePark launch scheduled for 13 and 14 February has been postponed.

The launch will be on February 20 and 21st.

Since you won't be able to come out and freeze body parts off, we recommend you spend the time staying warm and cuddling with your "honey"! :smile: It will be Valentine's Day after all! Make the most of it!

Last edited:
Good move postponing for a week, weather forecast for this weekend is about 40 degrees warmer than last weekend. So far the forecast is temps in the 60's, mostly sunny, and winds not bad. MDRA is the same weekend so I will probably go to Battlepark one day and drive up to MDRA the other day.

The temps will make for a huge difference. Looking forward to flying this weekend.

Expect some clouds to settle in low in the afternoon on Sunday. Saturday look clear all day, but with 50% higher winds.

I'm glad that conditions are going to be nice this weekend. I have plans to do my first dual-deployment at some point this weekend so I plan to be there both days. One little problem, though, is that when I tried to renew my TRA membership online I'm seeing a server error. So high-power flights might be out for me unfortunately.

I'm glad that conditions are going to be nice this weekend. I have plans to do my first dual-deployment at some point this weekend so I plan to be there both days. One little problem, though, is that when I tried to renew my TRA membership online I'm seeing a server error. So high-power flights might be out for me unfortunately.

There should be a phone number and/or e-mail address with your membership documents. I'd bet you can call or e-mail and get a temporary card until your new one comes. Just a thought.

As a launch weekend went, this wasn't one of the better ones, but I sure had a good time. More because of the people there than any rockets launched.

I only got two rockets up. The first went 2,380 ft. and popped a reefed chute at apogee. It landed 3,250 ft away. It was only one step off the road on the east end of the launch area and Mike gave me ride there. It's always nice when you can drive right up to the rocket. That seldom happens on the east coast.

The second launch was DD and went 1,924 ft and landed 1,100 ft away. Those two flights make a very good argument for DD.

The next launch I had was Sunday morning. It was the best of my three and the best of the weekend as far as I was concerned. At about 9:30 Sunday I put Grapeshot up on a EX K631 White motor. It screamed off the pad! Huge white flame, lots of smoke, and the guy next to me said it had a concussion. You could feel it! I was hoping for 6,000 ft and got 5,841 at 577 mph per the StratologgerCF. I retrieved it and was back within 30 minutes and it started to rain. Drowned out the rest of the launch, but that flight was worth the trip!

Back