Baby Daddy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's tiny. I did a BT50 Big Daddy with a 13mm mount and it gets nearly out of sight on A3s...

Good flyer though. Super fun.

What is the recovery on a rocket that short and tiny? Just pop the nose and tumble or are you planning a streamer?

Custom nose to keep the scale accurate and probably pop and tumble depending on the altitude.
I don't care for 3D printed parts. Not my style.
All scratch built (except for balsa wood. no intention to grow my own)

Last edited:
What nose cone? I'm not aware of a 2.75:1-ish BT-20 cone. The Wizard cone is more like 4:1.

Also, it seems like a great application for a tower, in order to leave off the lug.
There's at least one company that sells a BT-20 plastic nose cones that, while not a perfect shape match to the Big Daddy, is much closer than the Wizard.

Another option is the nose cone from the Mini Mean Machine, although I think it'll still be a bit too long for a perfect match.

As for leaving off the launch lug, a FALL is another option so the OP can use a stock 1/8" LPR launch pad.

After working the first season for Carmen Sandiego (The PBS Kids Game show) in the early 90's we had to pull out of Chelsea Studios because another show was coming in. Rather than move out to Astoria Studios in Queens with the show, some of my co-workers instead submitted their resumes to the incoming show. And some got in. I can't remember the name of the guy, maybe it was Maury Povich, but he had a Jerry Springer-like show. After they got settled in, I made contact with my former co-workers now still at Chelsea and they told me that internally. the name of the show was "nuts and sluts". But hey, a paycheck is a paycheck.

All Hail Jerry, May he RIP. That's me in between Jerry and the lady asking a question. Yes, I've lived a Full Life!
497615-81eb1ed432f1020137d7f5678b9c790b.data

So were you the husband or brother?
😆

Latest posts

Back