Atlantis Paper Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lessgravity

Reaction score
Just finished my Atlantis STS 132 build from AXM Paper Space Scale Models. It was a really fun build and I'm amazed at how robust it is. I even gave it a toss off of my deck to find it pretty much had a glide like a lifting body. So I started thinking that I would hack the paper external tank and SRBs to make the whole thing a flyable model. Has anyone here tried that?

I highly recommend these Shuttle builds.

More info on the build and all the links are here

Atlantis1.jpg

Atlantis2.jpg

The shuttle looks great. I haven't tried making the entire Boosters/ext tank set-up for flying, but I've definately thought about it.

Go for it Wayne!!!! Be the first on the block!:D
GO-GO-GO!!!!
:wave:

....just eggin...er cheering you on. ;)

Eric:)

I love that site. Been hitting it for a while. I particularly like their reference pages. I used it to custom my sons Estes full stack. Been thinking of upscalind and converting to a flyable stack. Thin sheet styrine and stock tubes. Yours looks great!

101_0660.jpg

101_0659.JPG

101_0658.JPG

So I started thinking that I would hack the paper external tank and SRBs to make the whole thing a flyable model. Has anyone here tried that?

I've got a stack built up, but I have yet to fly it. I've flown the orbiter from the stack as a boost glider twice. I managed to get a decent glide out of it on the first flight, second didn't go as well.

Back