ARTS 2 Terminal Blocks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappel62

Reaction score
Does any body know the part # for the 4 and 6 pin terminal blocks for the Arts 2.
Randy
:eyeroll:

contact scott at LOKI Research dot com. he's probably at LDRS right now however he might be checking emails. Loki is in league with ozark in some way i just forget the exact details of their partnership.

Shane,
I have sent several emails to Ozark. No reply. I guess Erik does not care about his customers. I hve 5 units and one needs the blocks replaced. Scott just took over Loki. He has nothing to do with Ozark. I am done with Arts. I will replace them with other brands.
Randy

i believe my dad would know i think he replaced his once. hes out of the office right now when he gets back i will ask him.

I assume you need this because you lost one or more....

A friend had the two terminal block for the Switch function break off.
Instead of a replacement, I shorted that out on the board and we put the switch in the positive leg of the battery wire.
Takes two contacts out of the loop...."more reliable."

Seriously -- consider hard wiring.

Shane,
I have sent several emails to Ozark. No reply. I guess Erik does not care about his customers. I hve 5 units and one needs the blocks replaced. Scott just took over Loki. He has nothing to do with Ozark. I am done with Arts. I will replace them with other brands.
Randy

wow that is a surprise.:confused2: only had to talk to erik once and got an answer pretty quick. only other question i had was answered by Jeff (when he had LOKI).

If your set on changing or updating Adrian at Featherweight has great customer service FWIW

wow that is a surprise.:confused2: only had to talk to erik once and got an answer pretty quick. only other question i had was answered by Jeff (when he had LOKI).

Part of the reason I'd never recommend an ARTS to someone is that support seems to be very hit and miss. Some have had great support, others have been greatly frustrated.

If your set on changing or updating Adrian at Featherweight has great customer service FWIW

When I think of electronics, and top-notch support, four vendors come to mind...

1) Featherweight Altimeters (Adrian Adamson)
2) Big Red Bee (Greg Clark)
3) Marsa Systems (John Derimiggio)
4) Telemetrum (Bdale Garbee and Keith Packard)

These guys are all active in the hobby, and very active in supporting their customers. I even told two of them exactly that at LDRS this past weekend.

-Kevin

Four pin from digi-key part number 227-1249-nd

Close enough, that narrowed things down a lot ... there are thousands of these little connectors to choose from.

The part number above has a typo. Best guess is that the 4-terminal part number is: 277-1249-ND. So the 6-terminal would be 277-1251-ND. If you have an ARTS I, then the 2-terminal part number would be 277-1247-ND.

I will try to measure one of my ARTS units and see if the dimensions line up just to confirm.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
When I think of electronics, and top-notch support, four vendors come to mind...

1) Featherweight Altimeters (Adrian Adamson)
2) Big Red Bee (Greg Clark)
3) Marsa Systems (John Derimiggio)
4) Telemetrum (Bdale Garbee and Keith Packard)

If you are making a list, don't forget Missile Works. They very responsive to any needs (and no, I don't work for Missile Works). I sent back an RRC2 mini after it got submerged in water. :y: They verified it was OK sent it back really quickly. :)

Dan

Last edited:
Shane,
Randy

Erik has been completely unreachable for months. I tried e-mail, the Loki listserv, The TRA listserv, I even tried Darren Wright who is personally close to him. I have one that is malfunctioning and have not been able to get it fixed.

Sad thing is I love my ARTS, I think it is one of the best altimeters around. It's just apparently unsupported.

Got a deal for you if you are interested...I have a Parrot that I can't figure out why it does not work for me and the in person response I got from Adrian at LDRS was that it is really off the support radar. If you are interested, I will trade you an ARTS for it. I am 99% certain it works (I have never used it as I cannot figure out how).

Erik has been completely unreachable for months. I tried e-mail, the Loki listserv, The TRA listserv, I even tried Darren Wright who is personally close to him. I have one that is malfunctioning and have not been able to get it fixed.

Sad thing is I love my ARTS, I think it is one of the best altimeters around. It's just apparently unsupported.

Got a deal for you if you are interested...I have a Parrot that I can't figure out why it does not work for me and the in person response I got from Adrian at LDRS was that it is really off the support radar. If you are interested, I will trade you an ARTS for it. I am 99% certain it works (I have never used it as I cannot figure out how).

actually i have 2 ravens, a HiAlt45K, Arts2, and a copilot so i think im set on electronics for now. thanks.

OK, I was able to read the part number directly from an ARTS II ... the terminal blocks posted above look correct to me. The terminal blocks are indeed made by Phoenix Contact and they are marked as "MKDSN 1.5 - 5.08"

The DigiKey part numbers are Phoenix Contact MKDSN series parts ... 5.08 pitch.

I happened to have an RRC2 and the Missile Works terminal blocks appear to be the exact same parts.

2-terminal part number - (DigiKey 277-1247-ND) (Mouser 651-1729128) (Phoenix 1729128)
4-terminal part number - (DigiKey 277-1249-ND) (Mouser 651-1729144) (Phoenix 1729144)
6-terminal part number - (DigiKey 277-1251-ND) (Mouser 651-1729160) (Phoenix 1729160)

Dan

Last edited:
Thanks for the research guys -- I have two ARTSes that this will benefit greatly, and have never been able to locate the correct part number. My deployment terminal blocks have been bent up pretty severely over time, since they face the wrong way for the small spring contacts -- make sure to stake 'em down with silicone or epoxy or something to keep them from breaking off!

Got a deal for you if you are interested...I have a Parrot that I can't figure out why it does not work for me and the in person response I got from Adrian at LDRS was that it is really off the support radar.

I do still support the Parrot in some ways; the current (and future) version of the Featherweight Interface Program still support it, and the manual is still online. If the battery wears out, I'll work with you on a repair. Heck, it's even still in my avatar! But it's been several years since I have flown one, and I have been surprised at how much I have already forgotten about it.

Thanks for the research guys -- I have two ARTSes that this will benefit greatly, and have never been able to locate the correct part number. My deployment terminal blocks have been bent up pretty severely over time, since they face the wrong way for the small spring contacts -- make sure to stake 'em down with silicone or epoxy or something to keep them from breaking off!

Be careful using epoxy to glue them down. I tried that with an RRC2 that had terminals that were bent...ended up gumming up the screws on the terminals.

THEN I had to remove them and solder on new ones...

Guys,
Thanks for the support and info. Much better that Erik.
Randy

Just last night I replaced the switch terminal on an original ARTS. I used the blue terminal blocks (literally off the shelf) from Radio Shack, rosin core solder, and a Radio Shack soldering iron.

Really no issues at all, just popped it in and soldered it, connection seems strong and it works. I hope to fly it on Saturday.

If you ever feel that you want to get rid of your ARTS that need some TLC, give me a shout :D

Back