Art Applewhite Fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madison Alum

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my Art Applewhite collection, including the two new rockets I got from my Secret Santa:

18mm Helix
18mm Hornet
18mm Hourglass
24mm Ultra Delta saucer
18mm Delta Smiley Face saucer
18mm super Stealth (new)
24mm Delta saucer (new)

I also have waiting in the wings
18mm Crossfire
18mm Bifrucated Octogon
24mm Pinwheel
18mm Dragonfly

These rockets are fun and relatively cheap to fly and make great demos for school. At least the saucer types do. I have not tried any of the monocopters at school until I can succesfully launch one where I can keep an eye on who is around. I think I have my launch platform fixed (replaced the 1/4 20 bolt with a 1/4 in rod), but have not had a chance to try it out yet. From what I've seen on video, the monocopters should be a great demo model for small fields, as well.

100_1879a.jpg

Are you CHAD staging the chrome delta, or is that where the motor normally sits?

Would love to see launch videos! (for some reason, we don't see many saucer launch vids on here...)

-e

I've just got a spent E motor in the bottom of the chrome delta for it to sit on. The instructions call for no more than 1/2 inch of motor to extend past the bottom of the motor tube, so I would think that CHAD staging would be somewhat less than stable.

Back