Apogee Condor versus the Red Baron

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
"Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, or more...."

Now that I got that out of my system....

I'm in the middle of building three Apogee Condor pop-pods. I'm wondering if I should build the streamer recovery system stock of if there are tweaks or kludges to keep the thing from going Red Baron so much? It looks like the shock cord is short enough to almost embarrass ol' Tunick, but I'm wondering if it's deliberate to keep that glider from hanging up on the cord?

"Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, or more...."

Now that I got that out of my system....

I'm in the middle of building three Apogee Condor pop-pods. I'm wondering if I should build the streamer recovery system stock of if there are tweaks or kludges to keep the thing from going Red Baron so much? It looks like the shock cord is short enough to almost embarrass ol' Tunick, but I'm wondering if it's deliberate to keep that glider from hanging up on the cord?

Do a search for "Spooler Pod", invented by George Gassaway.

Dave F.

It's weird. I've had two Condors (plus one in the bag) and I've never had a Red Baron with them. Yes, I've lost them both to thermals but never had your problem. Both built 100% stock. I can't give any advice, especially to someone who has probably forgotten more about gliders than I'll ever know.

Back