• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Anyone Need FW CF Tubes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello TRF, anyone need a carbon filament wound tube? Can do 38, 54, 75 and 98mm. Max length of 60” except for the 38 at 44”.

Prices for standard wall

Un-sanded

98mm- $262 - 60”
75mm- $247 - 60”
54mm- $185 - 60”
38mm- $110 - 44”

Sanded - needs to be an order of 6 tubes or more, an addition of 25% discount will be applied.

98mm- $325 - 60”
75mm- $275 - 60”
54mm- $225 - 60”
38mm- $128 - 44”

Message me if interested.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello TRF, anyone need a carbon filament wound tube? Can do 38, 54, 75 and 98mm. Max length of 60” except for the 38 at 44”.

Message me if interested.

Thank you
Do you possibly have any FW CF nosecones? Specifically 38mm?
No worries if not.
Thanks
William

Alex, it's the build season here during the heat, I may need *something* from you a bit later. You know I scratchbuild everything so I get what I want, and I getting a 'new, old school' cf bird together. After I get a tube from you, I'll prolly just need a cone, haven't decided shape or size yet. I threw you under the bus with my story about 'Spike' in the "LDRS 40; your experience" thread for the motor mount. You and I both know you do good work and it may have sounded bad, but certainly wasn't meant that way. You know I have gone to cf motor mounts to extend the flight life of my designs, esp. if I don't have a stick of glass to use. So, stay cool out there, brother. The last launch was brutal. Don't think I wanna play rockets anymore at 115f. Hellfire snd Balls are out for me. I've turned into a rocket weenie. Stay tuned. Maybe a thin-wall custom 29? Really hate to butcher a cf 54 for a mm, but, hey! You need to do what you gotta do to get it done. Peace out, thanx for being here for us!
(hmmm, can you do a thin wall 38? Rough price?)(dammit, keep thinking of things, maybe get some end trims to use as rings or bands?.

Last edited:
Do you possibly have any FW CF nosecones? Specifically 38mm?
No worries if not.
Thanks
William
No, but, I am going to ask a friend of mine if he can turn me one on his new lathe, any chance of ratio and shape you desire?

No, but, I am going to ask a friend of mine if he can turn me one on his new lathe, any chance of ratio and shape you desire?
5:1 38mm. I would love if it could be compatible with wildmans 38mm nose cone aluminum tips so I can have my eyebolt in there…If it’s too much of a mess haha we can just forget the idea. I have a WM Mini Mach that’s all carbon and has a fiberglass nose one. I’d just love to put the icing on the cake with a nice filament wound carbon nose cone with an aluminum tip. But let me know what you can do and we will talk a price later.
Thanks

Alex, it's the build season here during the heat, I may need *something* from you a bit later. You know I scratchbuild everything so I get what I want, and I getting a 'new, old school' cf bird together. After I get a tube from you, I'll prolly just need a cone, haven't decided shape or size yet. I threw you under the bus with my story about 'Spike' in the "LDRS 40; your experience" thread for the motor mount. You and I both know you do good work and it may have sounded bad, but certainly wasn't meant that way. You know I have gone to cf motor mounts to extend the flight life of my designs, esp. if I don't have a stick of glass to use. So, stay cool out there, brother. The last launch was brutal. Don't think I wanna play rockets anymore at 115f. Hellfire snd Balls are out for me. I've turned into a rocket weenie. Stay tuned. Maybe a thin-wall custom 29? Really hate to butcher a cf 54 for a mm, but, hey! You need to do what you gotta do to get it done. Peace out, thanx for being here for us!
(hmmm, can you do a thin wall 38? Rough price?)
All good, being honest with me is all that matters. I can most certainly do thin wall. Rough price at $110

Thank you as always for your support.

5:1 38mm. I would love if it could be compatible with wildmans 38mm nose cone aluminum tips so I can have my eyebolt in there…If it’s too much of a mess haha we can just forget the idea. I have a WM Mini Mach that’s all carbon and has a fiberglass nose one. I’d just love to put the icing on the cake with a nice filament wound carbon nose cone with an aluminum tip. But let me know what you can do and we will talk a price later.
Thanks
I’m not sure on the aluminum tip, but I’ll ask. I’m sure my friend can do it.

All good, being honest with me is all that matters. I can most certainly do thin wall. Rough price at $110

Thank you as always for your support.
Just trying to gen some business for you, but the ref without your screen name may have fallen flat. Too many newbies here wouldn't connect the dots. Fly lately?

Just trying to gen some business for you, but the ref without your screen name may have fallen flat. Too many newbies here wouldn't connect the dots. Fly lately?

True that, I have not flown at all lately. Went to the spaceport convention the other day and saw the awesome rockets the students put together. I really need to change this. This expensive hobby is so much fun.

I could really use a large bulk order. So long as it is 6 tubes or more, I can have these brought to a machine shop to sand them smooth.

I will be updating post 1 with prices.

I hate to be throwing this in there, but I really need the support here from everyone. This filament winder should have paid for itself, but it is still a payment I have to make for another two years.

It is making my life difficult and I want to be rid of it. Please help me out here.

Back