Anyone else becoming annoyed with google?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dork_Vader

Reaction score
I've about had it with them. This google+ thing has become a royal pain. Every other time I log into my youtube account they try to con me into switching to using my real and full name. For starters I KNOW I can switch to my real and don't because I don't want a bunch of random people knowing who I am. Especially when i get into disputes in the comment sections on youtube. Some of the people on there are nuts and make all kinds of wonderful threats.

The only reason I'm using any google products is because of youtube and the fact that I have an adsense account. Aside form that I would have quit using it a long time ago. I have now accidently started and had to delete that stupid google+ profile 4 times. one of the times in which I almost lost my entire youtube account and adsense accounts.

It's great that google thinks they can step into the social networking market. But honestly Facebook already dominates it. You're a day late and a buck short google. Now you're just annoying customers that are already doing business with you as you attempt to harass them into WHAT GOOGLE wants and using products you produce. Knock it off. Never mind the fact that Facebook is more then enough for me I wouldn't use it if my social life didn't depend on it. But that's another topic.

Blah so annoyed right now. Sorry for venting but google is getting really out of hand. I'm not exactly happy I just accidently broadcast my full name about 100k people if not more. Thanks a lot Google and your stupid google+ you'd think google would understand some of us are trying to make a business out of youtube and do not want our personal and private lives to be sacraficed because of it.

on a side note I'm so sick of this hot shot CEO's and board members coming up with these not so bright ideas to force people to their will or to try and force people to spend more.. KNOCK IT OFF IT IS ANNOYING AND IF YOU DID NOT HAVE MONOPOLYS ON THINGS YOU WOULD BE BANKRUPT!

Last edited:
I am the biggest google whore. I bought a google TV, android only with phones, was a super early gmail user back when you had to invite folks, we use google apps for work, I have a nexus 7 tablet, and I tried to G+, but the youtube stuff pisses me off. I am known by my username and them forching me to switch makes me mad. I just ignore it.

They even sent me one of the first chromium laptops that I still use daily. I love google, but let me hide behind a username please.

I just turned off Google+ yesterday. It continued to insert itself when I was trying to access Picassa and YouTube.

In addition one of my clients just experienced a semi-serious HR issue when one employee that had access to a company Google calendar did a sync and all that persons pictures, files, videos, etc. became open to all employees via Google+.

Yep, it's been all downhill since google took over youtube. If it weren't for for some of the people I've gotten to know over the years I leave them, too.

The changes I attribute to what I call "The IT Syndrome". The IT departments seem to feel they must change things to justify their existence, they just can't keep things running smoothly.

I have refused to use my name there. Here I feel no need to hide. I'm going to say stupid things, have and likely will again:sigh: But there...

It's like the other day. It was a just released interview with Jackie Chan. A while back on MSN there was a video interview he gave in China where the he said in response to a question that the US is the most corrupt country in the world... I don't watch Jackie Chan movies anymore. I said so and got more personal messages and comments than I had for anything else previous. They even SPAMMED me and hid my comment :D Most of the time I get people to agree with me but this time I learned a lesson, Never badmouth Jackie Chan on a Jackie Chan fanboi page ;)

Don't get me wrong I like some of their products but they are out of control with google+ I know dozens of people that have deleted their accounts with google because of it.

Google should take some advice from Mark Zuckerberg.. Facebook was successful and became so large in the begining because they avoided doing things that were "not cool". I'm already looking at an email service that's $5 a month and wont track or document my emails and in general gives you privacy. I've quit telling people to "google" things and tell them to bing it. All I really want need from them is youtube. But I was using their other services gmail and so on because it was easier to have it all in one place.. But now that it's becoming such a hassel to use I'm going to move some place else.

They have the right to do whatever they want. You have to make an informed choice to use it or not. If you want what their service offers, you are subject to their terms. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. I don't have a problem with it.

Jerome

My beef with google (besides the youtube use your real name badgering) is that Google Chrome takes forever (five minutes or longer) to update from one version to the next. If Firefox can update versions in less than a minute, why do I want google Chrome? Srsly?

My beef with google (besides the youtube use your real name badgering) is that Google Chrome takes forever (five minutes or longer) to update from one version to the next. If Firefox can update versions in less than a minute, why do I want google Chrome? Srsly?

Because you make that speed back up in the first 6 minutes of using the program instead of Firefox.

I've about had it with them. This google+ thing has become a royal pain. Every other time I log into my youtube account they try to con me into switching to using my real and full name. For starters I KNOW I can switch to my real and don't because I don't want a bunch of random people knowing who I am. Especially when i get into disputes in the comment sections on youtube. Some of the people on there are nuts and make all kinds of wonderful threats.

The only reason I'm using any google products is because of youtube and the fact that I have an adsense account. Aside form that I would have quit using it a long time ago. I have now accidently started and had to delete that stupid google+ profile 4 times. one of the times in which I almost lost my entire youtube account and adsense accounts.

It's great that google thinks they can step into the social networking market. But honestly Facebook already dominates it. You're a day late and a buck short google. Now you're just annoying customers that are already doing business with you as you attempt to harass them into WHAT GOOGLE wants and using products you produce. Knock it off. Never mind the fact that Facebook is more then enough for me I wouldn't use it if my social life didn't depend on it. But that's another topic.

Blah so annoyed right now. Sorry for venting but google is getting really out of hand. I'm not exactly happy I just accidently broadcast my full name about 100k people if not more. Thanks a lot Google and your stupid google+ you'd think google would understand some of us are trying to make a business out of youtube and do not want our personal and private lives to be sacraficed because of it.

on a side note I'm so sick of this hot shot CEO's and board members coming up with these not so bright ideas to force people to their will or to try and force people to spend more.. KNOCK IT OFF IT IS ANNOYING AND IF YOU DID NOT HAVE MONOPOLYS ON THINGS YOU WOULD BE BANKRUPT!

Listen, Facebook is terrible. They butcher photos. The only reason I ever went on Facebook was to post photos, and nowadays they get compressed to like three bytes and get ruined. Nowadays, I don't use Facebook at all.

I don't know what problem you have with it, but I have my G+ and YouTube accounts separate, even though they're linked to the same gmail address. Nobody bugs me to merge them (they did once, but not anymore).

Oh, yeah, I wanted to add that the ads are getting rediculous. I have a playlist of music I run when I'm gaming. They will run an ad betweeen. each. and. every. one. I'm begining to think they actually own AdBlocker and that they are making a fortune blocking they're own ads...just saying...

Back