Any way to get CA out of clothing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing not, but hope springs eternal. Does it make any difference if you act immediately when the stuff gets on clothing?

Don't laff- try nail polish remover (acetone) If you are an r/c'er or know one try the highest ratio nitro fuel you can find...don't smoke while attempting this. Either one.

Acetone can take the color out of clothing along with the CA.
Or, if the fabric is one of many plastics, acetone will dissolve it.

Only sure-fire way I know of is scissors.

CA De-bonder works wonders. I have not tried it on clothing, but I do have my fair share of t-shirts with a drop or two on them.

You can purchase a bottle of debonder at your local hobby shop such as Hobby People or Hobby Town USA for a couple bucks. You just put a few drops of it on the CA you want to remove and it slowly melts the CA, sorta.
I mostly use it to remove CA from my fingers.

...Fudd

CA De-bonder works wonders. I have not tried it on clothing, but I do have my fair share of t-shirts with a drop or two on them.

You can purchase a bottle of debonder at your local hobby shop such as Hobby People or Hobby Town USA for a couple bucks. You just put a few drops of it on the CA you want to remove and it slowly melts the CA, sorta.
I mostly use it to remove CA from my fingers.

...Fudd

So Fudd How do you get the bottle open when your fingers are glued together???

CA Debonder is Nitromethane. You can probably buy a quart of Nitro fuel cheaper then a bottle of Debonder. The nitromethane is a lot gentler to fabric than acetone, but it takes a bit longer to work.

Just wait for CJ to reply he is the expert on getting things that shouldn't be stuck with CA .:wink:
Tim

That reminds me of the urban myth about the guy with one hand glued to the VHS tape, and the other hand glued to his "junk", thinking he had grabbed the lube instead of the glue.

That reminds me of the urban myth about the guy with one hand glued to the VHS tape, and the other hand glued to his "junk", thinking he had grabbed the lube instead of the glue.

ahaha, best clip in American Pie 2!!!

i'd just leave it be if you're worried about the shirt being damaged.

i have shirts and shorts with both CA and epoxy, and the only issue i had was that the shorts were thin, and the area with CA, when folded, immediately broke apart, so i tossed it.

So Fudd How do you get the bottle open when your fingers are glued together???

With my teeth. :D

Luckly, I haven't glued them together so bad that I have not been able to pull them apart, yet. Usually it is from excess CA running down a tube or fin etc. and getting on my fingers and then my fingers getting glued to the parts I am trying to glue together. Then it's like Oh $..t :eek: :mad:, pull the parts off my fingers, drop the parts, wipe fingers, use a little debonder if needed, and now realize that the parts I was trying to glue are now glued to the table :cry:.

Ahh, the fun of trying build or repair a rocket in a hurry!!

...Fudd

Last edited:
With my teeth. :D

...Fudd

Nope..... personal experience requires a BIG NO on that one.

Unless you need your jaw glued shut for some reason.

PS. Debonder don't taste good........from experience!:bangpan: I know how to get stuff stuck. This will be VERY enlightening if someone has a way that works to get UNSTUCK.
From "Crazy Glue Jim'' the guy that glued way toooooo many body parts to stuff that he shouldn't have.

Last edited:
Back