Another two LDRS galleries.... Best shots and CATO's/fire/opps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizWolf

Reaction score
Two more Galleries from LDRS34. Highlights, which are just photos that grabbed me as I flipped through all 10K I took, and CATO, which is a catchall for the shots we don't like to admit we like looking at. I left most of them unedited, and included the whole sequences so you can look and speculate when it all turned south. These are easier to browse if you click "show all" at the bottom. https://davidmccann.zenfolio.com/f571631766

Awesome shots, Dave! You got two perfect pictures of my Frenzy on a J570 that I'll be purchasing. Thanks!

Nate

Way too cool Dave....
You get some amazing shots fer sure..
There just has to be a point when you've got your finger on the button
of that 220 V 3 phase ac motor running the autowinder in that camera
when you say to yourself,,,
Geezzzz mann,, I gotta take it easy on this button,,
I'm going to have 52,000 pics to sort through and process.....

You got some gorgeous shots of my level 3 flight leaving in a hurry,, I already bought 4 of them...
And you got the best sequence I've ever seen of Fred T's 4 stage going up and right when it's staging...

The best Dave,,,

Teddy

Nice pics, but I'm having mixed feelings about seeing 51 photos of my Competitor burn up in the air due to the motor malfunction. I may have to get a few though...any discount for bulk purchases :D

Way too cool Dave....
You get some amazing shots fer sure..
There just has to be a point when you've got your finger on the button
of that 220 V 3 phase ac motor running the autowinder in that camera
when you say to yourself,,,
Geezzzz mann,, I gotta take it easy on this button,,
I'm going to have 52,000 pics to sort through and process.....

You got some gorgeous shots of my level 3 flight leaving in a hurry,, I already bought 4 of them...
And you got the best sequence I've ever seen of Fred T's 4 stage going up and right when it's staging...
Thanks Teddy!, That 4 stage was bad ass, perfectly done. I usually take my finger off the trigger right before a rocket blows up.... I left it down until burnout for ya ;)
Friday really kicked my ass. First time I ever ran out of cards and batteries....ever. I was popping them on a charger into my truck for 15 min at a time to keep shooting. Then trying to save cards for your L3 and my Screech flight. It was painfully fun lol. All launches should be until sunset.

Awesome shots, Dave! You got two perfect pictures of my Frenzy on a J570 that I'll be purchasing. Thanks!

Sweet! PM me about that frenzy when you buy. I'm betting I have some more hidden away.

Nice pics, but I'm having mixed feelings about seeing 51 photos of my Competitor burn up in the air due to the motor malfunction. I may have to get a few though...any discount for bulk purchases :D

Grab a few, I'll get you all 51 on my "oh man that really really really sucks" discount plan.

Hey,, you coulda left some plugged in at my truck Dave...

Teddy

Sweet! PM me about that frenzy when you buy. I'm betting I have some more hidden away.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOPE!. Photo #3. That sucker was moving! (I shoot 8 frames a second)

19403408020_92780b5645_z.jpg

Ya know something,,,
I know Dave M loves to fly as much as anyone....
He spent 2 rock solid days at the flight line behind his camera...
So much so that he didn't take much time to fly himself...

I bought 4 gorgeous shots of my level 3 flight from his site that if Dave didn't catch I would have zero pictures of........

I thank you very much David..........

I hope everyone is patronizing your site and rewarding your efforts so that we have more great shots like these in the future....

Teddy

Hey,, you coulda left some plugged in at my truck Dave...

I'll have to keep that in mind :) Hey, special on L3 certs for the next 5 minutes.... :p Download fast! It's like that old Toys r Us shopping spree! (protip, there's a single link in the header for the whole shot) https://www.flickr.com/photos/31757945@N05/sets/72157655701616432

I LOOOOVE white motors fired late in the day..... PERFECT light man.... For me, it made the delay worth it. L3 in sun setting style. :)

Last edited:
I'll have to keep that in mind :) Hey, special on L3 certs for the next 5 minutes.... :p Download fast! It's like that old Toys r Us shopping spree! (protip, there's a single link in the header for the whole shot) https://www.flickr.com/photos/31757945@N05/sets/72157655701616432

I LOOOOVE white motors fired late in the day..... PERFECT light man.... For me, it made the delay worth it. L3 in sun setting style. :)

Wow,, very cool Dave,, thank you very much man..
I sure wish you were at our launch today in Great Meadows New Jersey...
I have the coolest flight,, especially for photography,, I've got to sit and process some pics,,
I'll see if I can post a few...
Cross your fingers for me,, I hope I got some good shots...
Coleman was there,, he took video,,, I hope that comes out,, but he's been pretty busy with school so it'll be a bit till he processes and edits it..

Teddy

can't wait.... wish I was there too. I'm already feeling to jones to fly again. I need to finish up this Villain :)
Just ordered a Go Devil.... I wonder what motor I'll put in that.....

Last edited:
Nice shots.
Like the donut smoke ring around the rocket when it CATO'ed....
And the red-white-and-blue motor was cool until it when boom....who made that and can you share the details????
Thanks for sharing.

Back