Another reason for me to love my kids...as if I needed another one...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
Now here's a gem...I went to visit my folks over Thanksgiving and my kids love to go in their basement and do "crafts." My daughter took it upon herself to create a rocket out several sheets of 8x11 paper, scotch tape and finished off with lots of scented markers.

Click on the picture below and I want to point out a few things:

1. The rocket has an empty reel of tape as the motor mount.
2. The motor itself has the label of "EM" which cannot be seen in this photo stands for "E Motor."
3. The white band on the motor is a bunch of scotch tape so my daughter could "friction-fit" the motor in the mount appropriately.
4. Recovery? Nah, they didn't get that far.

I'm a proud papa...what can I say? Naturally, I'm taking the kiddos to the Tripoli-Michiana launch tommorrow in Three Oaks, Michigan where we will launch our "real" rockets and hopefully see a few of the big-boys go up. Oh and by the way, that's Morgan (8) and Mitchell (5).

-DAllen

Cute! I remember I use to make rockets out of construction paper and shoot them up with a sling shot and have them lawndart recover. Kids reading this don't do this. It was very stupid. LOL

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
Cute! I remember I use to make rockets out of construction paper and shoot them up with a sling shot and have them lawndart recover. Kids reading this don't do this. It was very stupid. LOL

I dunno, I think that's the whole point of the Quest Flics "rockets"! :D

Originally posted by sunward
They are so cute and cuddly when they are young. :)

Enjoy.

Then they turn into teenagers.

Yeah...That's the part I'm worried about. I feel sorry for all her future boyfriends - wait, no I don't. MWUAHAHAHAHA!

-DAllen

Very cool. Dads like us are suckers for pics like that. Looks like the FlisKits Spitfire has some competition :)

-Paul

Back