Andrews Rocketry Shop - Patriot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
I recently got a ARS Patriot K-01 kit. I had a little spare time at work, so I put it together and do a little review.

The kit comes well packaged and very complete. There is a detailed 3-page instruction packet.

I really like that the laser cut fins are 1/8" thick. It let me put a nice airfoil on them. I did contoure the fin root using the motor guide and sandpaper. With a small body tube and thicker fin, I didn't want a gap while gluing them on.

The kid came with 12g of nose weight clay. After doing a little bit of figuring with mostly using B Motors. I used 8 grams of nose weight. And it still should be stable with a C6.

It came with a standard rubber shock cord and streamer. Installed with the folded paper method.

I did a couple coats of primer with sanding in between. And then a coat of gloss white. I'm still unsure if I will paint on the red and colors.

I am happy with the outcome of this little rocket. As a minimum diameter its going to scream on a B, and vanish on a C6... Looking forward to seeing it fly.

Thanks Andrew. Great job.0627180630.jpg 0627180700_HDR.jpg 0627180549.jpg 0627180945.jpg 0629181058.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review and the kind words! :)
I'm glad you like it! :)

It's a great flier on an A8-3. Perfect for a baseball or soccer field.
You'll get about 350' out of it on an A, 700' on a B, and around 1600' on a C.

Thanks,

Back