Altimeter bay question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
I am going to be starting on my first rocket with a true altimeter bay and two parachute compartments soon. I am going to be constructing it from LOC 3.0" tube with a 38mm motor mount. What I am wondering about is if the LOC coupler will long enough. I have an Adept22 that I will be using in this rocket, which is about 2 inches long on its own. Will a 6" coupler be big enough for the altimeter bay in my rocket?

I am going to be starting on my first rocket with a true altimeter bay and two parachute compartments soon. I am going to be constructing it from LOC 3.0" tube with a 38mm motor mount. What I am wondering about is if the LOC coupler will long enough. I have an Adept22 that I will be using in this rocket, which is about 2 inches long on its own. Will a 6" coupler be big enough for the altimeter bay in my rocket?

Simple answer is yes. Now if you want more room you could use one of these av-bays https://www.kandsrockets.com/ebay.htm

Thanks for the reply! I would love to use one of your bays, but I don't really have the funds. I'm not implying that they are too expensive for what they are, but they aren't really appropriate given my goals for this build.

I just purchased some 3" LOC couplers and mine measure 7" long. Didn't even notice till now.

Just put the altimeter on one side of the board and the battery on the other. You should be able to fit everything in a 3 inch length if you had to.

Back