Aerotech 75mm tail-cone and the M1850?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Taking my CF Mongoose 75 to NSL to test their waiver. I built an M1850 White Lightning and added the tailcone rear closure:
tailcone on the M1850.jpg

Has anyone flown this?
I'm thinking I will get a little melt down on the edge there....
Won't keep me from doing it, but if you already tried this, let me know how it went.

Looking at 34,000 ft. and 103 fps off the rail.

Taking my CF Mongoose 75 to NSL to test their waiver. I built an M1850 White Lightning and added the tailcone rear closure:
View attachment 580921

Has anyone flown this?
Won't keep me from doing it, but if you already tried this, let me know how it went.

You built the motor or is it a Aerotech?

View attachment 580921

Has anyone flown this?

Yes I've flown this combo. M1850 and the Aetotech Tailcone closure in a minimum diameter 75mm. It will be fine wont melt anything. I will be there at NSL.

Yes I've flown this combo. M1850 and the Aetotech Tailcone closure in a minimum diameter 75mm. It will be fine wont melt anything. I will be there at NSL.
Thanks for the reply. Please stop by our camp at NSL, we will probably be back against the fence in a Stealth toy hauler and a White GMC Sierra. Arizona flag and a tie-dyed streamer on a big flagpole.

View attachment 580921

Has anyone flown this?

Wayne, did you fly this? If so how did you do? Great to meet you and Sharon. As long as weather isn't an issue should be at the NCR July launch at the North site.

No, ran out of time.
I did fly the Big Bad Dog on the M685. Moved the big 20 ft. 1010 pad to the "M" line and got a good launch, but still laid over under thrust for a long recovery. Simmed to 30k ft. and only got 25k.
We probably won't make the July NCR launch, meeting friends at our property in Southern Colorado that weekend.

Very nice meeting you Conway, hope we can catch up with you at a future launch.

Back