• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Wanted: EMPTY "old design" G80 casing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketkyle

Reaction score
just the phenolic casing, no propellant, not the newer redesigned casings.

EDIT: This is also the G40 casing as well.

Thanks

i'll look around...i had like 8 G80's last year and burned em all, so i have to have some cases laying around.

I may have some left over from my 29mm cluster, I will check

Sorry. Last G-80 casing went AWOL on the AT "Moo-Stang" (Phil was happy to hear the rocket gods called it home).

Originally posted by rocketkyle
just the phenolic casing, no propellant, not the newer redesigned casings.

EDIT: This is also the G40 casing as well.

Thanks

Got a bunch of FULL "old design" casings, if you can wait until I burn them later this month.

What are you going to use them for?

Originally posted by RoyGreen
Got a bunch of FULL "old design" casings, if you can wait until I burn them later this month.

What are you going to use them for?

You'll see ;) :D

And yes, I can wait.

I'll guess...make a 24mm rocket that looks like a motor with fins and a cone glued on? :D

awww...alright. This will be exactly like this, but with different fins. This is what my advertisement for a RocketVision Machbuster nose cone with be used for...as the RocketVision body tubes are made out of the exact same stuff (same I.D., same O.D.). Robert DeHate (his website stated above) used a Machbuster nose cone for his as well. Perfect fit. I will start a thread when I get a G80/G40 casing.

Thanks,
Kyle

EDIT: This will run on AT 18/20 RMS D13-7W's to get the full "Aerotech Effect"

I may have some left over from my 29mm cluster, I will check

Rocketguy, I have an F25, but the casing is 1" shorter than the G80- that would be very very tight for the streamer. I'm glad the Machbuster cone (got it from GGoldy), is hollow, because even with a G80 case, it will be a tight fit. I say just get a G80 case. Thanks Lucas.

anyone?? I can probably find someone at the BRB launch next week who will have one.

I have an "old style" G40 and G80 (one of each) in my range box, but neither have been launched.

I don't care about the casing, and am sure that they are just fine. If you want to trade me for a "new" G40-10 or G80-10, I'll send you mine and you can burn it and keep the case. (It may be spring before I get to burn mine....)

If you are passing Price MD you can look around for the empty casing I left in my Quest Nike-K this past weekend :eek: (might need a shovel :))

No help, I know....:rolleyes:

Quest rockets were fun to put a 24mm, 29mm MMT in. They aren't any fun now because of the redesigned fincans. Forecheck, I don'
t have any G40's or G80's. I think that there's a few people on the forum that replied earlier that have one.

Thanks,
Kyle

Back