• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Phoenix style nosecone for BT-80

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
I am looking for just that! I am upscaling a Screaming Mimi and that is the best cone for the job!

thanx, Ben

Unless I'm mistaken, a "Phoenix" style nose cone is the PNC-80K... if that's the case that cone is hardly a match for a screaming mimi as far as shape and length are concerned. Having said that, you can order the PNc-80K nose cone directly from estes for $4.50 each. HTH

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
Having said that, you can order the PNc-80K nose cone directly from estes for $4.50 each. HTH

Really? How would I go about that?

Originally posted by Bohica
Really? How would I go about that?

Call Estes (I know Fred is proud of me for saying that). I think they will sell you a maximum of six.

OR I have been seeing them sold separately in the BT-80 nose cone pack at hobby stores... It used to only be the stubby one from the Fat Boy, but recently the 80k has been showing up in there!

Unless I'm mistaken, a "Phoenix" style nose cone is the PNC-80K... if that's the case that cone is hardly a match for a screaming mimi as far as shape and length are concerned. Having said that, you can order the PNc-80K nose cone directly from estes for $4.50 each. HTH

do you have any other ideas? I don't want to make my own. and I don't want fiberglass just light plastic :p

thanx, Ben

I know BRS hobbies sells them online but they are out of stock. Also I have seen them at Hobbytowns. If you have a hobby lobby nearby with a 40% coupon you can get a Candian Arrow for $12.

Mark

Originally posted by ben
do you have any other ideas? I don't want to make my own. and I don't want fiberglass just light plastic :p

thanx, Ben

since when has estes' "phoenix" cones been made out of fiberglass? They ARE light plastic.

since when has estes' "phoenix" cones been made out of fiberglass? They ARE light plastic.

I know I am saying I don't want a fiberglass cone just a light plastic cone. Which is what they are! ;)

thanx, Ben

why not go for the bt80a nosecone from apogee
just a little longer than the estes and it looks great

Go old school with a balsa equivalent from SEMROC or BMS.
It will cost more per cone, but they are worth it.

I too would suggest you take a look at the BT80 nose cone from Apogee - as a bonus you get 25' of 300 lbs. kevlar cord if bought in January. Just saw it on the Apogee newsletter. I've bought several and they are much better quality than the Estes PNC80K.

Originally posted by Warthog
I have 4 of them. Brand new. $4.00 each plus shipping

Sold! (If Ben doesn't want them) Do you take Paypal?

Originally posted by Bohica
Sold! (If Ben doesn't want them) Do you take Paypal?

I only want 2. You can have the others :) (Man you are quick ;) )

thanx, Ben

Still need one? I've got a SLIGHTLY damaged one, the bottom has a chunk knocked out and the plastic on one side is a little bit weak from a complete crash. I'll send it totally free, no worries for shipping.

Originally posted by Warthog
all sold now

Thanks

Got it! Thanks so much! I am using one for my Screaming Mimi/Phoenix, one for My Wacky Wiggler, and one to make a fiberglass mold!

thanx, Ben

P.S. I didn't realize you were in MD and an MDRA member were you at Red Glare?

Back