• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Pegasus launch vehicle data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
I have three copies of Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine, Vol 159 No 8, from Aug 25 2003, with pictures and a feature story about the Pegasus air-dropped light launch vehicle. I will give these to anyone who wants them if you will pay postage. I hope three copies are enough so that anyone who wants one can basically just sign up here. If three copies are not enough then it will be first come, first served. This issue features the Pegasus launch vehicle, with color cover photos of the L-1011 carrier and the Pegasus at ignition. A matching article is on pp. 56-61 with a large, sharp photo of a Peg in a ‘clean room’ with its nose in a special tent. Article also has description of the launch operation on board the carrier. If you want just the magazine cover and pp. 56-61, I can ship those selected pages for 50 cents. If you are interested in the entire magazine, there are more articles: pp.30-31 is about the Chinese space program with a big photo of the Long March 2F vehicle with the manned space capsule on top, p.40 has an interesting artist’s impression of what the South African TORGOS missile will look like, p.50 has an excellent photo of an AIM-9 Sidewinder coming out of the side weapon bay of the new F-22 fighter jet. Lots of other stuff in the magazine 66 pages. Shipping for the entire magazine will be $1.10. Shipping costs quoted here are for the U.S. (the greatest country on earth), foreign shipping would of course be extra. I do not use an online ‘paypal’ account or similar stuff, but do accept cash (mailed at your own risk) or personal checks, and if you want insurance then that will cost another $1.50. If you want one of these magazines I need to see a posted response by the end of this week, and please include your mailing address. My mail address is P.O.Box 150871, Fort Worth, TX, 76126-0871. If you want to preview this issue page-by-page, your local library might very well have a subscription.

Latest posts

Back