Accessible Stomp Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMG

Reaction score
I would like to make an accessible stomp rocket for a student with a traumatic brain injury. He has very limited motor skills and would need to be able to release air pressure with a button switch or something like it. I am thinking I would start with an “Articulating Stomp Rocket System” from Educational Innovations (https://www.teachersource.com/produ...MIqIDurPai4QIVsR-tBh0jZgxgEAQYFCABEgJIj_D_BwE) and then modify, but I’m unsure how to modify. The base system includes the rocket mechanism and is intended to have a 2-liter bottle attached that students would stomp on. For use by my student, it would need to have some means of generating the air pressure - bike pump, compressed air tank? - and a way to store and then allow the release of the air through some kind of switch. I would also like to be able to gage air pressure, so incorporation of a gage would be great. Any ideas on how to do this? Thank you.

Nice project! I used a project similar to the one that jlabrasca posted except that it had a 2-lb Coleman propane cylinder in line as a reservoir for the air pump. That let you get a little more air volume in the system so you could get a little more power out. Obviously, the propane cylinder should be empty and probably have regular air cycled through a few times to clear any residual propane out of the bottle. Or you could just use the straight propane and make it REALLY exciting! :eek:

Back