A non-traditional list of sacrifices for Memorial Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBowmaster

Reaction score
Blood is the price of freedom. Today we honor those that have fallen to establish and maintain the freedoms we enjoy in this country. I also like to recognize those that have paid the price to free us from this planet. One day we'll be free of this world that has birthed us and walk among the stars. These men and women have led the way with their lives:

Michael Alsbury
Michael Anderson
David Brown
Roger Chaffee
Kalpana Chawla
Laurel Clark
Georgi Dobrovolski
Virgil Grissom
Rick Husband
Gregory Jarvis
Vladimir Komorov
Christa McAuliffe
William McCool
Ronald McNair
Ellison Onizuka
Viktor Patsayev
Ilan Ramon
Judith Resnik
Francis Scobee
Michael Smith
Vladislav Volkov
Edward White

Although not war, I have no issue with memorializing them other fallen.

During my working years I started an annual program event just before Memorial Day. We who never served in the military took our program veterans out to lunch to honor and thank them.usflag new.JPG

One group I never hear about in these kind of things is the Coast Guard. While they're not usually "at war", they're on the front lines helping out people every day.

One group I never hear about in these kind of things is the Coast Guard. While they're not usually "at war", they're on the front lines helping out people every day.
Hi djs;

I went into the Coast Guard at the age of 17. Included in the long list of useful skills that I picked up there was how to get used to being ignored. I joke about that, but it's a truism that many vital and essential professions are virtually invisible. I run a drinking water treatment plant for a small city of about 40K. It magically appears at the tap, and then magically disappears at the drain.

Jim

Back