90 days

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
is the length of my next project for work. It seems to get harder and harder to find anything long term lately. It pays less than what I'm use to making, but the good news is the project / contract job is less than 10 miles from my house and takes about 15 minutes to get to work. A little extra cash to stay ahead of some bills always is nice. I'll also be eligible for unemployment again. I don't like collecting unemployment, but it seems in the IT industry it's somewhat soft and employers rarely hire anyone "full-time" these days. They don't want to pay for the benefit packages. I think when it's over I'll buy a nice kit...something to look forward to.:)

The IT field in my area seems to be booming with unemployment rates for IT workers supposedly under 2%. Now, I did look at a few job postings for the heck of it this past weekend and some of the pay rates seem on the low side.

My employer has a number of IT people retiring this year and it is unclear how many, if any, will be replaced. There seem to be a lot of IT folks retiring so that should help the IT job market. There are supposed to be so many people in all industries retiring over the next four years that some predict a labor shortage in general by 2018.

Last edited:
Back