29/38mm Adapter on the 5.5 Loc Goblin?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackiboi_11

Reaction score
Hi, does the loc 5.5 Goblin fit the standard Loc-n-mount adapter and can you use the normal goblin instructions from the "4 on the 5.5?

Thank you!

Per LOC.....cut from the 5.5" description:

If you own a 4" LOC Gobin or any of the 4" MMAS 38mm/29mm adaptors, they will bolt right up! Kit inclusions below.

Link.

My experience is they are easily interchangeable. May want to pay attention to the lengths and locations of the rings on your adapter for different rockets.

Per LOC.....cut from the 5.5" description:

Link.

My experience is they are easily interchangeable. May want to pay attention to the lengths and locations of the rings on your adapter for different rockets.
Can you use the instructions from the "4 on the "5.5 since its a custom series but i want it to look like the legit goblin

Can you use the instructions from the "4 on the "5.5 since its a custom series but i want it to look like the legit goblin

Most likely. If you have questions when you get ready to assemble, ask.

I just mentioned the ring spacing so that you look at the front ring and are sure that it fits in the inside tube for proper alignement, preferably close to an outside ring. With different MMT lengths, this can change. I was just saying that if you have an 8"MMT, don't build the reducer 10"...

My 5.5" Goblin was built custom. I used 3/8" thick Iris fins that I cut down (the 1/4" fins weren't what I wanted), and I cut the body lengths so it could fly dual deploy but be the scale length, and still fit all the recovery gear. This required cutting the bottom off the nose and using some of that real estate for parachute stuff. I actually built it as a 75mm, with a removable (bolt-in) 54mm threaded retainer insert. I can use Aeropack or other flanged reducers below that.

Realistically, it will never see anything below 54. The 75 mount was set to fly short motors, like the 75 K1499/K750---1280 length reloads, and possibly 2560's. The one I built is pretty stout. In the video, it's on a J1299.

Attachments

• IMG_2945.MOV
    25.5 MB

Latest posts

Back